Ginger Bread Men

sniper03, Jun 9, 10:54pm
2 questions..Is it possible to make these using just 100gms of butter ?(all the recipes I have found say 125-150grms butter)
and can the nutmeg be replaced with mixed spice? (i do have cinnamon and ginger also)
lol its too wet to go to the supermarket and thought these would be fun to make with miss 2,Cheers!

pheebs1, Jun 9, 11:50pm
got any marg to top up the butter with? failing that reduce other quantities by about a quarter
yes substitute spices or leave out nutmeg
mixed spice is nice though
its good to experiment!

dollmakernz, Jun 10, 8:54am
This is a really nice recipe
Gingerbread Men

1¼Tbs golden syrup, 60g butter, ¼c sugar, 1 egg yolk, 1¼c plain flour,
½tsp baking soda, 1½ heap tsp ginger.
Pour golden syrup into a heatproof jug, stand in hot water to warm and soften. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, add egg yolk. Beat well. Slowly add sifted dry ingredients and warm syrup. Mix well. Knead lightly and roll out. Cut to shape and bake at 180°c for 10mins

sniper03, Jun 10, 10:54pm
2 questions.Is it possible to make these using just 100gms of butter !(all the recipes I have found say 125-150grms butter)
and can the nutmeg be replaced with mixed spice! (i do have cinnamon and ginger also)
lol its too wet to go to the supermarket and thought these would be fun to make with miss 2,Cheers!

pheebs1, Jun 10, 11:50pm
got any marg to top up the butter with! failing that reduce other quantities by about a quarter
yes substitute spices or leave out nutmeg
mixed spice is nice though
its good to experiment!