Have we lost davidt4 for good or is he away?

Page 1 / 3
samsnan, Mar 17, 2:25am
Have not see him on here for a while. Anyone know.

winnie231, Mar 17, 3:03am
She is not participating here any more.

earthangel4, Mar 17, 4:15am
So very sad, I am so missing her

darlingmole, Mar 17, 5:02am
WHAT? ! ! ! ! do you mean davidt4 is gone for good?

That would really hack me off because david is SUCH a bible of lovely authentic recipes. Please may this be a wind up!

pleeeeeease?

bedazzledjewels, Mar 17, 5:06am
Sadly not a wind-up.

buzzy110, Mar 17, 5:09am
No. Sadly not a wind up. The hubris of ellihen and her crew of devotees ruined the pleasure of participation for her. It has sort of ruined it for a lot of us. Maybe she'll come back to us at a later date. I'm sure she is lurking occasionally though. She made a tentative foray back in a little while ago but was quickly slammed down by one of those mentioned above and hasn't come back.

Sadly for Recipes, her input and commentary was way more interesting and far superior to anything that crowd has ever contributed and her sense of humour sometimes had me in tears.

Sigh.

griffo4, Mar 17, 5:15am
What a great loss she was such a great contributor and always had worthwhile and interesting things to say l always loved to read her comments and such a pity a few small minded people bullyed her off. lf you don't like what someone has to say just back out of the thread and keep your opinions to yourself especially if they are not positive or constructive,
personal attacks are just so negative and unnecessary on here

bin-boy-lin, Mar 17, 6:48am
Isn't this the case where we go these days? ? ? Some idiots are prepared to spoil it for all. I notice it also out on the street.

Sad to hear that Davidt4 has gone and I wish him/her all the best and thanks for their imput.

uli, Mar 17, 7:42am
I am not posting much these days either because I get jumped on immediately and so are many others. The fluffy pink brigade (that cannot handle if one calls a spade a spade and thinks of being attacked all the time) has won the day - however unfortunately they cannot give the advice that myself, davidt4, fisher and several others could - so the messageboard is now just going back to what it was - copy recipes from google and other sources - and cook with simmer sauces and packet mixes - all the fast cheap high carb stuff that people nowadays want. Good on you! And keep it up!

unknowndisorder, Mar 17, 8:06am
Sad to hear. There are a few names, where when they post a recipe, I instantly get the urge to go baking.
I come here to get help, inspiration, and get some tried-and-true recipes. It's been brilliant.
I have only been around probably about a month, so thankfully don't know the politics here. I have noticed a change since SOR reared its sorry head, and that has been sad.
For those of you that have helped in the past, but no longer post, thank you anyway (I get funny looks when I mention where I got a recipe from - like many/most others, I thought TM was all about buying & selling & had never noticed - nor had time - for other discussion boards.

nainmary, Mar 17, 8:12am
So very sorry to read this thread about our wonderful helpful friends. As always only takes a few to spoil it for the majority. Sincerely hope they will return in time.

alebix, Mar 17, 8:21am
What a shame. Davidt was so helpful. . They will be missed... Come back soon.

fruitluva2, Mar 17, 12:07pm
What! ! really, of all the gall of their kind to do such evil work.
I thought it was the thief Sofiastacksofrecipes tramp that sent her to ground. But to know its fellow mb bullies that is a low down call of theirs.
David4, cooks, valentino, fisher, 245sam, winnie231, kob, juliewn and a hosts of others who's namesfail me at the moment are our Top and Fave cooks.
Just who the hell is elliehen & co? I don't even read their stuff, sheeesh that peeves me off to learn this of david4.

fruitluva2, Mar 17, 12:13pm
They appointed themselves as tm police and perhaps thats why they do so they can run tm and chase the good cooks offshore.

And Unknowndisorder it has soured since we have a thief on board stealing these recipes to her mirror site and a lot of us have downed pens posting additions.

margyr, Mar 17, 7:29pm
well i still post my recipes such as they are, and i dont care who, or why they get copied. and even when people suggest to check this or that site if I have one of my own then i post it. i love cooking and sharing tips with other people, the only thing i have noticed is how some people when you put your recipe or tip up make a comment about how that would not work or is not authentic, this sometimes annoys me because all the recipes I put are tried and true ones in this house and the cafes I have worked in. And some of the packet things that are made today are really good, for example my husband is German, his Mother taught me how to make goulash which is his favourite, well when the cook in the pots came out I used the goulash mix unbeknown to him, when he ate it he said it was even nicer than the one his Mum makes, soooooooooo for the last however many years the cook in the pot have been out I use that, much quicker although not traditional. Cooking is all about fun and pleasing those that are going to eat it, experiment if it doesn't work as long as it is not burnt beyond belief then it can be eaten or fixed.

luckyduck, Mar 17, 8:00pm
Agreed! ! !

earthangel4, Mar 17, 8:05pm
I feel so very very sad, that my favourite cooks have gone, they have helped me alot in the past, that I will never forget.
Angel to you all.

pixiegirl, Mar 17, 9:33pm
Morning everyone - I too am sad that davidt4 is no longer posting - I will miss her. I regularly make her potato and leek soup and it is really good. I know what Uli means about the fluffy pink brigade and what they have done to the people who post regularly here. It was very rarely advice she gave but more of personal attacks on people - dont know why it has to be like that - everyone is individual and that is what makes us different - we dont need to attack for having a different point of view. As for stack of thieves - I really dont like them - they are making money out of it and that was not the intention of the MB - I realise TM cannot apparently do anything about it but it still peeves me off. I might have to come up with some more "best ever" recipes for her to steal - lol.
To the ones who used to regularly post here - please dont go - we need to ignore the comments of the ones who are here to stir - there are more people on here that enjoy your comments and recipes than there are stirrers. please come back to the message board - we miss you!

pixiegirl, Mar 17, 10:02pm
I guess what I am trying to say is dont give "them" the satisfaction of ruining the MB - ignore them. I know it is hard sometime, but we are better than that. Do what I do to people who annoy me - I just tell them to "have a nice day" and that really pees them off even more cause they know they cant get to you anymore.

earthangel4, Mar 17, 10:13pm
Amen to pixiegirl, please do come back, you are all sorely missed and yes do what we do ignore, I do this.
My mum always said to me me I was growing up, if you don, t have anything nice to say dont say anything

maxwell.inc, Mar 17, 10:25pm
It didnt matter at the time thou guys... the pink posse would intentionally damage any thread they didn't agree with, and then find a heap of your other posts from other threads (even other parts of the MB) and post them in succession... so in the end. . hands were thrown in the air and the MB was left.

buzzy110, Mar 17, 10:35pm
Actually the names of all the 'pink posse brigade' can be found in "Recipes is a War Zone".

pixiegirl, Mar 17, 11:00pm
They can only damage a thread if we acknowledge them - let them post their stupids bits and pieces but the bulk of us should ignore them - dont play into their hands. I know it is frustrating especially when intermingled with their crap is the good stuff we need - we need to disregard "them or ignore" them and get on with it. The majority of people on here know who are the "backbones" for the want of a better word, of the message board, I think most people can distinguish between their cr@p and stirring to get to the good stuff.

maxwell.inc, Mar 17, 11:10pm
However. . the bickering of a few months ago showed the complete opposite of that (the layman could not pick the guts from the crap)

Pretty hard to want to help ppl when you're treated like kaka ;o)

mas45, Mar 17, 11:23pm
Today is the first time I've been on the message board for a long time and it was the first place I thought of when I wanted a Kiwi recipe from the past. What a shame that something as innocuous as a recipe board can attract the obvious s o b's that it has. To all those Davidt4 types out there, don't let them win and when they post a negative comment don't even acknowledge them. Just carry on the thread as if it's not even there. Don't give them that power! Keep posting people I for one will keep coming back and when I have a recipe to share I will... bugger them! ! ! Cheers Matt