Raspberry slice ..... The really yummy one that

dutchygal, Mar 17, 2:12am
x1
Ernest adams use to make, I have noticed its no longer available at the supermarket and its about the only slice my girls like. Anyone got a recipe for it , its the one with the raspberry jam in the center and raspberry icing on top

pam.delilah, Mar 17, 2:32am
please go to trademe cooks website via this link

http://trademecooks.net.nz/viewtopic. php? f=15&t=686

you will find some recipes there. Do not want to post recipe due to them being transferred to another website, stack of recipes, without permission

rog.e, Mar 17, 2:47am
Must be still made because I just found it on Woolworths Onlin site at $3. 89

V

jessie981, Mar 17, 4:38am
Do you have Couplands shops where you live? They make a raspberry slice.

campmum, Mar 17, 5:50am
i just buy sweet short pastry sheets, they fit my tin. Spray tin with non stick cooking spray, lay 1sheet in base & prick with a fork. Spread over raspberry jam (about 1/2cup) then lay next sheet pastry on top. Prick the top with fork. Bake 180*C for 20mins. When cold Ice.
Icing: 1 & 1/2 cups Icing sugar, 1 tbsp soft butter, 1 tsp raspberry essence & about 3 to 4 tbsp boiling water. Really quick, easy and delicious!

jaxma, Mar 17, 7:58am
I was just about to say pretty much the same as campmum ... that's how I do it too!

korbo, Mar 17, 8:35am
campmum, what a great idea. never thought of that. i amhopeless when it comes to making a shortbase recipe. always get holes and it sticks to the rolling pin. will try that tomorrow, as have friends for morning tea. could you put whipped cream in the middle as well... thanks.

campmum, Mar 17, 9:06am
No whipped cream... it's great on it's own... . yum yum, only takes 2 minutes to put together & looks like you've been baking all day lolI also spread over caramel condensed milk as a variance for filling & ice with choc icing sprinkled with coconut Ooo SO good! ! !

missmalice, Mar 17, 8:42pm
x1
http://www.freshinthekitchen.co.nz/recipes_show. asp? id=475

nom nom!

grouch, Mar 20, 9:40am
Yes Ernest Adams certainly do make the Raspberry Slice.

jessie981, Mar 20, 10:28am
Woolworths/Countdown have it

andrea1978, Mar 20, 11:12am
I saw it at Pak n Save today for 2. 99 on special too ;)

barloo, Jun 22, 10:55pm
Bumping along:)

mence, Jun 26, 6:41am
OMG I've just found this! My DH will be SO happy lol! ! I've made it a few times but its such a hassle trying to roll out the pastry and then spread the jam etc, but this sounds so easy! Thank you! !

jason47, Oct 5, 4:43pm
I do the sweet short pastry too. Also done the same but instead of jam try it with a tin of apple. Bake the same and when cool dust with icing sugar. We all love it. Just like the apple shortcake from the bakery