Crockpot-please tell me...

kelsey18, Jun 8, 11:47pm
How long do I cook whole chicken breasts in the crockpot for and will they come out tender? Also should I cook them on high or low?

245sam, Jun 9, 12:13am
kelsey18, here from Trademe Cooks is a recipe that you may like to base your cooking time, etc. on.....

"Tarragon Chicken in Cider
12 oz pearl onions, 1tbsp oil, 4 garlic cloves peeled, 4 boneless breast portions skin on (I didnt have skin on), 1 1/2 cups hard cider, 1 bay leaf, 1 cup creme fraiche or sour cream, 2 tbsp tarragon (can use thyme if fresh) salt and pepper. Method: put onions in bowl of hot water for 10 mins (this allows easy peeling) peel and leave whole, heat pan with oil and cook onions for 10 mins or till lightly browned, add garlic and cook 2 mins remove and transfer to ceramic cooking pot. Place chicken breasts in pan and cook 3-4 mins to lightly brown and transfer to slow cooker, pour cider into pan add bay leaf and salt and pepper and bring to boil. Pour hot cider over chicken and cover cook on low for 4-5 hours and or very tender. Lift out breasts and put to one side and and finish preparing cider sauce stir in creme or sour cream return chicken and cook a further 30 mins on high. posted by greg.n.michelle"

Hope that helps.:-))

kelsey18, Jun 9, 12:24am
Thank you so much!:-)

calista, Jun 9, 6:14am
Hey Sam. thanks for the tip on peeling onions contained in that recipe (and gregandmichelle too of course)

kelsey18, Jun 9, 11:47pm
How long do I cook whole chicken breasts in the crockpot for and will they come out tender! Also should I cook them on high or low!

245sam, Jun 10, 12:13am
kelsey18, here from Trademe Cooks is a recipe that you may like to base your cooking time, etc. on.

"Tarragon Chicken in Cider
12 oz pearl onions, 1tbsp oil, 4 garlic cloves peeled, 4 boneless breast portions skin on (I didnt have skin on), 1 1/2 cups hard cider, 1 bay leaf, 1 cup creme fraiche or sour cream, 2 tbsp tarragon (can use thyme if fresh) salt and pepper. Method: put onions in bowl of hot water for 10 mins (this allows easy peeling) peel and leave whole, heat pan with oil and cook onions for 10 mins or till lightly browned, add garlic and cook 2 mins remove and transfer to ceramic cooking pot. Place chicken breasts in pan and cook 3-4 mins to lightly brown and transfer to slow cooker, pour cider into pan add bay leaf and salt and pepper and bring to boil. Pour hot cider over chicken and cover cook on low for 4-5 hours and or very tender. Lift out breasts and put to one side and and finish preparing cider sauce stir in creme or sour cream return chicken and cook a further 30 mins on high. posted by greg.n.michelle"

Hope that helps.:-))