Naan bread and croissants

jc_cw, Jun 7, 10:02pm
is there a way to make these in the breadmaker?? Make the dough and then cook them in the oven??
TIA

ribzuba, Jun 7, 10:06pm
i highly doubt it with croissants as they are made by folding the butter into layers with the dough, they are all about rolling it out and folding it as oppossed to kneading

245sam, Jun 7, 11:12pm
Yes.....
My Panasonic Bread Bakery book has a recipe for Croissants - the dough is, of course, rolled, cut and shaped by hand, then oven baked.
Alison Holst's Bread Book has Bread Machine instructions for both Croissants and Naan Bread.:-))

jc_cw, Jun 7, 11:21pm
oh oh oh, and where do I find them???????????

mkbooks, Jun 8, 12:15am
Croissants are actually yeast dough pastry-don't see how you would get a good product in breadmaker

lythande1, Jun 8, 6:09am
Hmm - breadmaker recipe here:
http://homecooking.about.com/od/breadrecipes/r/blbread91.htm

As for the naan, don't see why not, you can let the machine mix, then remove it and carry on from there a there's not a lot to it after the mixing.

wheelz, Jun 8, 8:59am
done both in my breadmaker.

245sam, Jun 8, 11:12pm
Yes.
My Panasonic Bread Bakery book has a recipe for Croissants - the dough is, of course, rolled, cut and shaped by hand, then oven baked.
Alison Holst's Bread Book has Bread Machine instructions for both Croissants and Naan Bread.:-))

mkbooks, Jun 9, 12:15am
Croissants are actually yeast dough pastry-don't see how you would get a good product in breadmaker

helsbelsnz, Jun 9, 3:18am
I've made both before.I highly recommend the Ali Holst Breadmaker book - it has recipes for sourdough, naan, croissants, bagels, pizza dough.The croissants made in the breadmaker are lovely, a little work but well worth it.

lythande1, Jun 9, 6:09am
Hmm - breadmaker recipe here:
http://homecooking.about.com/od/breadrecipes/r/blbread91.htm

As for the naan, don't see why not, you can let the machine mix, then remove it and carry on from there a there's not a lot to it after the mixing.

helsbelsnz, Jun 10, 3:18am
I've made both before.I highly recommend the Ali Holst Breadmaker book - it has recipes for sourdough, naan, croissants, bagels, pizza dough.The croissants made in the breadmaker are lovely, a little work but well worth it.