How to cook fillet steak

sticky232, Jun 6, 5:09am
Can i just fry thanks

mouse_y, Jun 6, 5:12am
yes .. don't over do it

marree, Jun 6, 5:42am
Yep - fillet steak is the best - get your pan really hot (preferably a heavy cast iron one if you have), but if not go with what you have - maybe a drizzle of oil & some herbs - the key is tho to have the pan hot & sear steak for a few min's each side (otherwise it will end up stewing) - hope someone else can explain this better - bon appetit!

cookessentials, Jun 6, 5:55am
Make sure it is at room temp before putting it in a hot pan. I keep an eye on the side of the steak....you can see the colour rising as it cooks, I like ours still pink and I rest it for about 10 mins before serving. I dont keep turning the steak, I turn only the once. I test it by pressing gently to see how much give there is in the meat.

cookessentials, Jun 6, 5:59am
Whether you like him or not, follow this and you wont go wrong

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtIiR7DBAqY

holdenss, Jun 6, 6:05am
I find:
1. Dry (roomtemp)meat with paper towel (dry as possible)
2. Very hot pan!
3. NO OIL AT ALLLL! (atleast initially)
4. Put meat in and colour, generally upto 3min 1 side then upto 3min other (turn once only)
5. Turn heat way down
6. Add Butter or to lesser extent oil to glaze over top with spoon and rest on that low heat(1) for 5-10min dependg on preference.
7. mmm

rainrain1, Jun 6, 6:47am
I like to deglaze the pan with butter and crushed fresh garlic,then pour over the top of your steak

norse_westie, Jun 6, 7:21am
Hot hot hot pan, spray your steak lightly with bran oil, throw in the pan, sprayed side down, count to ten, (spray upper side while counting) flip and count to ten, serve.

I like my steak blue.

kinna54, Jun 6, 7:33am
Ooh we have just finished ours. Same as norse_westie, only I use a cast iron pan, which is magic, and don't really need any oil. I go for medium/rare tho. Hade mine accompanied with jacket potatoes, (loads... of sour cream) and french beans. A rare treat for us, and VERY much enjoyed!!

mouse_y, Jun 7, 5:12am
yes . don't over do it

marree, Jun 7, 5:42am
Yep - fillet steak is the best - get your pan really hot (preferably a heavy cast iron one if you have), but if not go with what you have - maybe a drizzle of oil & some herbs - the key is tho to have the pan hot & sear steak for a few min's each side (otherwise it will end up stewing) - hope someone else can explain this better - bon appetit!

cookessentials, Jun 7, 5:55am
Make sure it is at room temp before putting it in a hot pan. I keep an eye on the side of the steak.you can see the colour rising as it cooks, I like ours still pink and I rest it for about 10 mins before serving. I dont keep turning the steak, I turn only the once. I test it by pressing gently to see how much give there is in the meat.

cookessentials, Jun 7, 5:59am
Whether you like him or not, follow this and you wont go wrong

http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=MtIiR7DBAqY

kinna54, Jun 7, 7:33am
Ooh we have just finished ours. Same as norse_westie, only I use a cast iron pan, which is magic, and don't really need any oil. I go for medium/rare tho. Hade mine accompanied with jacket potatoes, (loads. of sour cream) and french beans. A rare treat for us, and VERY much enjoyed!