MARSHMELLOWS & WHITE CHOC SLICE

alfa13, Nov 11, 4:38am
Yum!! Had this for the first time the other day from a bakery, is it just marshmellows & then pour over melted choc???

heaven1, Nov 11, 9:39pm
oooo this sounds DELISH! Will keep an eye on this threadlol

zappi, Nov 13, 3:46am
Bumping this up to the top. Sounds interesting.

donnabeth, Nov 13, 9:28am
What are marshmallows rolled in? Are they gluten free? I'm having a coeliac friend over and my recipe calls for chopped up marshmallows.

angie461, Nov 13, 7:56pm
You can buy gluten free marshmellows, our local new world has them, in the gf section.

rarogal, Nov 13, 9:36pm
Sure I saw a recipe in one of the mags recently - will try and hunt it out for you.

alebix, Nov 15, 9:37am
Mr Mallow marshmallows are gluten free and readily avaliabe at the warehouse, new worlds etc in the confectionary section.....

kiwigirl252, Jun 5, 8:06am
i brought some in brizzie as well gluten free sugar free and 99% free.which is great.

kinna54, Jun 5, 8:27am
Marshmallows are normally rolled in cornflour. The Mr Malow range as in earlier posts sounds the best option.
to make the white marshmallow choc slice I recommend using the Edmonds marshmallow shortcake recipe, then the icing choc topping is 200gms choc chips to 65gms kremelta, melt over double boiler, combine and pour over the set marshmallow. There was a posting recently re marshmallow shortcake which had an easier version of marshmallow with no egg white, that many recommended, haven't had the chance to try it myself yet, but sounds good!

kinna54, Jun 5, 9:38am
Just re-read the 1st post. I was assuming you meant as in a shortcake slice, there is also another one around which is just an all marshmallow version of rocky road, that is cut up marshmallows with your melted white, milk, or dark choc poured over, and set, cut into squares.