2 eggs
½ cup milk
1½ cups (170g/6oz) grated tasty cheese
1 tbsp green onion slices
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
¾-1½ tsp Italian seasoning
¼ tsp salt

Beat the cream cheese, margarine and sugar in a large mixing bowl at medium speed with an electric mixer until well blended. Add the eggs and milk; mix well.
In a large bowl combine the dry ingredients, then add the cheese and onions and toss them through. Add the cream cheese mixture, mixing just until moistened – the mixture will be very thick. Place the mixture into a greased and floured 22∙5cm x 12∙5cm (9”x5”) loaf pan.
Bake at 180°C for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes, then remove from the pan and allow to cool completely.
This loaf cuts best if made a day ahead.
I find that this recipe is also a great way to use previously frozen cream cheese. :-))

shellz213, Jun 3, 12:55am
I know you have asked for either a muffin or loaf recipe but I spotted this recipe when I was browsing through my recipe books this morning which I'm going to try out (not today though).

CARROT AND CREAM CHEESE SLICE
125 grams cream cheese
2 eggs
1 teaspoon mixed spice
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups grated carrot
icing sugar

Soften cream cheese to packet directions.Beat in eggs, mixed spice, nutmeg and vanilla essence until combined.Mix in sugar.Sift flour, baking powder and baking soda into mixture.Add carrot and mix until combined.Spread mixture into a 20 x 30 cm sponge roll tin with a baking paper-lined base.

Bake at 180C for 25 - 30 minutes or until slice springs back when lightly touched.Cool in tin for 10 minutes before turning out.Cut into slices when cold.Serve dusted with icing sugar.

elfim, Jun 5, 5:09am
a muffin recipe or a loaf recipe please