¾ C SUGAR
¼ C LEMON JUICE
75G BUTTER
¼ C SUGAR
1 C MILK
250 G CREAM CHEESE

MELT BUTTER, ADD MILK AND EGG, WHISK.
ADD TO FLOUR, BP, SUGAR & LEMON RIND.

½ FILL 12 GREASED MUFFIN TINS, TOP WITH 1 TSP OF CREAM CHEESE.
COVER THE CHEESE WITH APPROX 2 TSPS MIXTURE.
(I FIND THERE IS ONLY JUST ENOUGH MIXTURE )
COULD BE BEST TO DOUBLE IF YOU WANT LARGE MUFFINS.

BAKE @ 200 FOR 10-15 MINS.

ONCE COOKED DRIZZLE OVER THE LEMON JUICE MIXED WITH THE SMALLER AMOUNT OF SUGAR.

ENJOY

kinna54, Jun 5, 8:35am
Oh that sounds yummy molly37. I am going to try that one!. I was going to suggest a blueberry and cream cheese muffin recipe, but can't lay my hands on it at the moment. Think it's a well known Alison Holst one, so hopefully someone else will find it and post it.

ruby19, Jun 5, 11:03pm
You could do a savory spinach & cream cheese muffin, sorry don`t have a recipe, but our local Ben Gusto cafe does amazing spinach & cream cheese muffins.when I repair/replace my oven I am going to give them ago. In the mean time perhaps someone has a good recipe out there, some I find are too sweet for a savory muffin.

macandrosie, Jun 6, 7:58am
My daughter found this scrummy loaf recipe, nce & moist...

Kumara & Walnut Loaf
400gr golden kumara, peeled & chopped
1½ cups self raising flour
1 tsp mixed spice
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
125gr butter, melted
¼cup milk
½ cup chopped walnuts
Cream Cheese filling:
125gr lite cream cheese @ room temp
¼ cup sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
Spray & line a loaf tin. First prepare cream cheese filling, by creaming the butter & sugar together till smooth. Then add egg, beating until well combined. Set aside. Cook the kumara till tender, drain & mash until smooth. You’ll need 1 cup mashed cooled kumara. Lightly blend the flour, spice & sugar in a bowl. Whisk together the eggs, butter, & milk. Stir into flour mix along with kumara & walnuts. Spoon half this mixture into prepared loaf tin. Then spread all the cream cheese filling. Finish the top by spreading on remaining kumara mixture. Bake @ 180°C for about 1 hour. Allow to cool before turning out. Cut into thick slices to serve.

kinna54, Jun 6, 8:35am
Oh that sounds yummy molly37. I am going to try that one!. I was going to suggest a blueberry and cream cheese muffin recipe, but can't lay my hands on it at the moment. Think it's a well known Alison Holst one, so hopefully someone else will find it and post it.

macandrosie, Jun 7, 7:58am
My daughter found this scrummy loaf recipe, nce & moist.

Kumara & Walnut Loaf
400gr golden kumara, peeled & chopped
1½ cups self raising flour
1 tsp mixed spice
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
125gr butter, melted
¼cup milk
½ cup chopped walnuts
Cream Cheese filling:
125gr lite cream cheese @ room temp
¼ cup sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
Spray & line a loaf tin. First prepare cream cheese filling, by creaming the butter & sugar together till smooth. Then add egg, beating until well combined. Set aside. Cook the kumara till tender, drain & mash until smooth. You’ll need 1 cup mashed cooled kumara. Lightly blend the flour, spice & sugar in a bowl. Whisk together the eggs, butter, & milk. Stir into flour mix along with kumara & walnuts. Spoon half this mixture into prepared loaf tin. Then spread all the cream cheese filling. Finish the top by spreading on remaining kumara mixture. Bake @ 180°C for about 1 hour. Allow to cool before turning out. Cut into thick slices to serve.