Temp for cooking loaf

sjc72, Jun 3, 11:30pm
My date loaves always seem a bit over cooked on the outside but good in the middle. Is my oven temp too high or is it the non-stick tin? I do it on fanbake. What temps and cooking times do people do for their loaves on fanbake?

kinna54, Jun 4, 1:21am
Fan bake is too fierce for things like loaves that have a slower rising time,if you use fan bake you cut down temp at least 10 deg. I bake my spice loaves on 150-180 deg plain bake, around 1hr cooking, tea time loaf around 45 mins. Refer to your recipe guide. I also line my loaf tin with paper, even tho it's non stick.

cookessentials, Jun 4, 6:50am
I do all my baking on fan bake, however, you need to reduce the temp by about 15 degrees. With any recipe, I always check the item about 10-15 mins before it is supposed to be ready because ovens can vary quite substantially. If you still find they are burning, buy yourself an oven thermometer to see what temp your oven is actually running at.

liamjosh, Jun 4, 6:54am
I bake my loaves on about 160 - 170 in a fan bake, sometimes if it looks like it is cooking to quickly on the outside I put a piece of baking paper over the top and place it lower in the oven.