Easy rich choc cake?

Page 2 / 2
louweez1, Jun 2, 6:33am
if it really rich! suit a ganache!

kervil_ave, Jun 2, 6:35am
I think it will be pretty rich as it sounds like quite a wet mix.anything suits a ganache!LOL : )

mackenzie2, Jun 2, 7:54am
louweez1 wrote:
i am doing two tiers so i hope its not too heavy.

The coca cola cake is a really fudgy, light mud type cake, the mixture is like water when you pour it into the tin, but yum oh yum it is a favourite in this house. My sons make this cake as it always turns out and is wow's there friends

tinkagirl, Jun 6, 7:27am
do you have to boil the coke first to get the bubbles out!

a_n_h, Jun 7, 2:56am
I made the coke one the other day and didn't boil the coke. I just chucked it all in a big bowl & mixed.

I baked it @ 180 degrees for about 45 mins.

mackenzie2, Jun 7, 3:24am
No you don't boil the coke first, just add it straight out of the bottle

a_n_h, Jun 7, 8:14am
It was yummy. We had it with vanilla ice cream. Mmmmm

hairchopper1, Jun 7, 12:50pm
The Coke Cake is my favourite, didnt think anyone else made it, lol Dont boil the coke! Just chuck it all in & mix away, so easy,now Im hungry!

eljayv, Jun 8, 9:06pm
The recipe calls for 1/2tsp vanilla essencethen 2 tsp vanilla essence is this correct!

bev00, Aug 18, 11:05am
for chocolate cake afficionadoes

sarahb5, Aug 18, 11:10am
That exact same recipe is known as William's World Famous Chocolate Cake in our house - son had it at William's birthday when he was about 9 and was so impressed he asked for the recipe and found out William had made it himself.He then told my mum in the UK how awesome it was and so when she came to visit he made it for her so it became famous around the world .It is indeed a great recipe and has been a favourite in our house for nearly 10 years now

dons14, Aug 18, 11:15pm
This is Annabel Langbein's recipe - so easy my eight yr old boy made it first for us, sooo good it's now my go to choc cake recipe.

The Ultimate Chocolate Cake
Prep time:
5 mins
Cook time:
1 hour
Makes:
1 big cake or 2 smaller cakes
3 cups self-raising flour
2 cups sugar
1½ tsp vanilla extract
¾ cup cocoa powder
2 tsp baking soda, sifted