Easy rich choc cake?

Page 1 / 2
louweez1, Jun 2, 5:59am
like a devils choc cake? want to do a two layered with ganache for a friends birthday. anyone have an easy recipe thats not too hard to make and dosent use random ingredients im not likely to have lol

mackenzie2, Jun 2, 6:02am
Coca Cola Fudge Cake

1 3/4 C Flour
2 C Brown Sugar
3/4 C Cocoa
2 t baking Soda
1 t baking powder
dash salt
2 eggs
1/2 C oil
1 C Cola
1 C of Buttermilk (I actually use trim Milk and it works)
1 t vanilla
Sift all dry ingredients into mixing bowl
Add wet and beat on medium to high speed till combined. Make sure you line you tin with gladbake if the tin is spring form as this is a very wet mix.
But being such a wet mix its is a moist almost mud cake texture. In fact we used to wholesale it as mud cake.
Bake in 9 x 13 Inch cake tin at 350 F or until prong comes out clean.

ruby19, Jun 2, 6:05am
The cola cake is good......

kervil_ave, Jun 2, 6:25am
Wow this sounds alluring. Using coke in baking! I am going to make this tonight.

louweez1, Jun 2, 6:26am
thanks. sadly no coke and no open shops here. but i will see what i can find.

kervil_ave, Jun 2, 6:32am
Louweez I just copied and pasted this from another thread it sounds great, do you have yoghurt? May be the only thing which you may not have to hand:

Bloody good choc cake Mix in order -2c sugar,2 eggs,1c yoghurt( any flavour),3/4c cocoa,200g melted butter,2t baking soda,1 1/2 t vanilla ess, 1/4 t salt, 3 c self raising flour ( or 3c flour and 3 t BP) 1c black coffee. Mix all together , makes 2 round cakes or a roasting tray full , bake at 180*c till knife comes out clean when tested ( about 30 mins).

louweez1, Jun 2, 6:33am
if it really rich? suit a ganache?

kervil_ave, Jun 2, 6:35am
I think it will be pretty rich as it sounds like quite a wet mix.....anything suits a ganache!LOL : )

louweez1, Jun 2, 6:42am
lmao true that! i am doing two tiers so i hope its not too heavy. i need to find some ice block sticks to help hold it up

purplegoanna, Jun 2, 6:47am
Dutch Chocolate Cake,
2 ½ SR flour, 2c sugar, 2/3c cocoa powder, 2/3c oil, ½ tsp vanilla essence, ½ tsp salt, 2 eggs, 2tsp vanilla essence. Mix together. Then in a pot boil 2c water then add 2tsp B/Soda dissolve and add to cake mix. Pour into greased or lined 22-23cm baking tin and bake for 180’ for 40mins or until knife comes out clean.

mackenzie2, Jun 2, 7:54am
louweez1 wrote:
i am doing two tiers so i hope its not too heavy.The coca cola cake is a really fudgy, light mud type cake, the mixture is like water when you pour it into the tin, but yum oh yum it is a favourite in this house... My sons make this cake as it always turns out and is wow's there friends

mooshiesmum, Jun 2, 9:26am
This recipe is in fact called - easy rich choc cake!

Easy Rich Chocolate Cake

Sift and then mix
2 C flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
½ C cocoa
1 ½ C sugar

Add
2 lightly beaten eggs
½ C oil
1 tbl malt vinegar
1 C milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 C black coffee (cold)

Put into greased round tin, bake at 180 deg celsiusfor aprox 45 mins.Ice with chocolate ganache when cold.

Chocolate Ganache

½ cup cream
150g dark chocolate, coarsely chopped (or dark chocolate melts)

Combine cream and chocolate in a bowl and melt, either in the microwave or by placing bowl over a pan of simmering water. Stir until smooth.I put it in the fridge till it cools and thickens then its easier to spread.

It is the best recipe I have ever used - moist, the cake lasts for so long and I have layered it before and it works well. Its dense but still layers fine.

louweez1, Jun 6, 5:11am
tried this one and had to use easy yo yoghurt, i just used powder and water and added and OMFG, it was beautiful! thanks everyone, will be trying all of these!

tinkagirl, Jun 6, 7:27am
do you have to boil the coke first to get the bubbles out?

a_n_h, Jun 7, 2:56am
I made the coke one the other day and didn't boil the coke. I just chucked it all in a big bowl & mixed.

I baked it @ 180 degrees for about 45 mins.

mackenzie2, Jun 7, 3:24am
No you don't boil the coke first, just add it straight out of the bottle

tinkagirl, Jun 7, 7:32am
thanks cant wait to give the coke cake a go

a_n_h, Jun 7, 8:14am
It was yummy.... We had it with vanilla ice cream. Mmmmm

hairchopper1, Jun 7, 12:50pm
The Coke Cake is my favourite, didnt think anyone else made it, lol Dont boil the coke! Just chuck it all in & mix away, so easy,now Im hungry!!!

eljayv, Jun 8, 9:06pm
The recipe calls for 1/2tsp vanilla essencethen 2 tsp vanilla essence is this correct?

ellie04, Jun 8, 11:19pm
Deep Dark Choc Cake - gorgeous rich cake and so easy to make! I cut it in half and put choc ganache in the middle with some sliced strawberries!

2 cups sugar
1 ¾ cups all purpose flour
¾ cup cocoa
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 cup milk
½ cup vegetable oil (canola is good) olive oil is a bit strong tasting
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup boiling water

180 or 170 fan forced oven. Combine dry ingredients. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla and beat for 2 minutes with electric mixer. Then stir in boiling water. The mixture will be very runny. Bake for approx 50 mins or until skewer comes out
clean. Suits a large round or square cake tin.

chookness, Aug 19, 3:34am
Coke cake is so good! Hubby is gluten and dairy intolerant so I use gluten free flour and rice milk and it turns out really nice as well!

louweez1, Jun 2, 5:59am
like a devils choc cake! want to do a two layered with ganache for a friends birthday. anyone have an easy recipe thats not too hard to make and dosent use random ingredients im not likely to have lol

ruby19, Jun 2, 6:05am
The cola cake is good.

kervil_ave, Jun 2, 6:32am
Louweez I just copied and pasted this from another thread it sounds great, do you have yoghurt! May be the only thing which you may not have to hand:

Bloody good choc cake Mix in order -2c sugar,2 eggs,1c yoghurt( any flavour),3/4c cocoa,200g melted butter,2t baking soda,1 1/2 t vanilla ess, 1/4 t salt, 3 c self raising flour ( or 3c flour and 3 t BP) 1c black coffee. Mix all together , makes 2 round cakes or a roasting tray full , bake at 180*c till knife comes out clean when tested ( about 30 mins).