THE MIDDLE EASTERN SLOW COOKER RECIPE!!!

sossie1, Jun 2, 3:53am
YUMMMMMM

about 1 kg of lamb-can use cheapo beef as well, brown .
1 large sliced onion and 2 sliced carrots
SPICES - 2 tsp cumin, 1 tsp coriander, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp powdered ginger, 1/2 tsp turmeric, 1/2 tsp chilli powder, 1/2 tsp salt
mix with 1 can whole tomatoes and equivalent of chicken stock
cook all above on low while you are at work.

when you get home, turn crockpot to HIGH,remove contents with a slotted spoon, put in oven to keep warm. See if liquid needs more seasoning, Add about 250g of couscous to crockpot, it takes about 10 mins to absorb properly. While it is absorbing, dry fry up a total of about 1/2 cup of nuts/seeds/currants.Mix in with couscous mixture in crockpot, take stuff out of oven and put on the top

kervil_ave, Jun 2, 7:03am
Wow that sounds great!Thanks for the inspiration I will give this a whirl over the weekend.Will be nice to try something different in the crockpot - I have the proverbial corned beef in there at the moment.

mss2006, Jun 3, 12:02am
I needed a good idea and that was it!!! Thanks.

gjnalm, Jun 3, 12:53am
Sounds yummy!

kervil_ave, Jun 3, 7:28am
Well I made this tonight and not a big fan....my favourite part was the toasted nuts and currants LOL : ) still good to get ideas for different spice combinations as I need more schooling in that area! I think if I make this again I may add in brown lentils or something with more substance as I found the cous cous made it kind of stewy; like a hybrid between a sauce and a side dish.I bought some Israeli cous cous the other day which is much larger than the regular; that might work well too.

sossie1, Jun 3, 7:29am
what part didn't you like, was is not tasty enough or just too soupy

lindylambchops1, Jun 3, 7:43am
I tried the Israeli couscous with Moroccan lamb I slow cooked but to be honest didn't like that type of couscous, will stick to the other type.I love those Middle Eastern/Moroccan flavours.