Creamy Mushroom sauce!

budbus, Jun 2, 3:37am
Anybody out there can tell me how you make mushroom sauce with cream rather than the old fashioned way with milk and flour?

oopie, Jun 2, 3:40am
Brown some shrooms in some butter.When to your liking, pour over some cream and boil to reduce to thickness of your liking.Add salt and pepper to taste.
Thicker sauce for steak, thinner for pasta.
Yum.

budbus, Jun 2, 3:42am
Haha, thats soo simple I thought it was gonna be compicated, thanks oopie

ruby19, Jun 2, 4:40am
I made a really yum sauce the other day with mushroom & chicken, but being veggie I made a meat free version for my self.
Saute some onion in butter until they are golden but not browned, add chopped mushrooms and cook until softened, add a little wine and simmer until almost evaporated, add a little vegetable stock and do the same, when left with a syrupy mixture add the cream and simmer until the right consistency. A little bit more labour intensive but worth it!

budbus, Jun 2, 4:49am
Thank you I will try both( when i havnt drunk all the wine) !!

shazzie10, Jun 2, 5:25am
I would drink the wine first and if there is any left over.... I guess it doesn't matter then. :)

lindylambchops1, Jun 2, 8:04am
I use this recipe as a soup or a sauce just adjust accordingly

Homemade Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
Ingredients:
1 teaspoon onion powder
2 tablespoons corn flour
1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
1/8 teaspoon white pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt (or to your taste)
Pinch of sugar
tin evaporated milk
Handful (approx. 3/4 cup) fresh mushrooms, sliced
Directions:
First: Put all ingredients except the mushrooms in a blender or food processor and pulse until smooth. Add mushrooms and pulse 2-3 times until mushrooms are chopped.
Second: Pour into a 2-quart Pyrex bowl and microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes, whisking well after two minutes and again at the end of cooking time. If not thick enough, add 30 seconds and whisk again.
It is quick & Easy!