Butter chicken!

j_quigley, Feb 14, 4:53am
Want to make butter chicken for dinner but need a recipe! any have a really good one?

goldgurl, Feb 14, 5:05am
try the search function <----

245sam, Feb 14, 5:12am
or maybe, j_quigley, you'd like to have a look at the choice of recipes on this link:-

http://trademecooks.net.nz/viewtopic. php? f=11&t=253

Hope that helps. :-))

raureti, Feb 14, 5:35am
Hi - i do have a recipe for Butter Chicken but it needs at least two hours to marinate the chicken, sorry :-(

theanimal1, Feb 14, 6:45am
Butter Chicken (quick recipe)
Boneless chicken breasts (about 3-4), 1 can coconut cream (can use light cream), 2 cloves of garlic, 1 tsp turmeric, 2 tsps curry powder, 1 onion finely diced, 1 small can tomato paste, About 30g Ground Almonds (to thicken). Cut chicken into bite sized pieces, brown in a little butter, add onion and garlic. (Do not brown). Add all the other ingredients except the ground almonds. Cook until chicken is cooked and tender. Add ground almonds to thicken. IF any left over - it freezes very well. Serve on rice.

or this

Butter Chicken recipe -For 2 serves, simply halve the ingredients.

Servings: 4

Butter Chicken Recipe

Ingredients:
50g Butter
1/2 tsp each Salt and Peper
Black Pepper
500g Diced Chicked
2 Cloves Garlic, crushed
1 tsp Tumeric
1 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Ground Nutmeg
2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
1/2 tsp Garam Masala
1 Onion, chopped
1/2 Cup Cream
1 tsp Chilli Seasoning

Directions:
Mix together all the spices (except garam masala) and toss through the chicken. Melt the butter in a saute pan. Add the onion and garlic and cook until soft. Add the chicken.
Stir until golden. Add the tomato paste, garam masala. Stir in the cream. Season and simmer for
5-8 minutes until rich and creamy. Then simply enjoy!

or this

Butter Chicken

500g chicken thigh fillets, chopped into 3-4 cm pieces
½ cup unsweetened yoghurt
4 tbsp tomato paste
1½ tsp turmeric
½ tsp ground nutmeg
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp garam masala
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 onion, finely chopped
50g butter
¾ cup cream
½ cup coriander leaves

1. Place the chicken, yoghurt, tomato paste, turmeric, nutmeg, cumin, sugar, garam masala, salt and pepper in a dish, stir until well combined and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight if possible.

2. In a large frying pan, gently saute the garlic and onion in butter until soft. Add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes.

3. Add the cream and cook for 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked. Serve garnished with coriander.

sandra22, Mar 16, 9:21am
If you can't be bothered with buying all those spices but still want that awesome butter chicken taste, then short cut the whole process and buy the best butter chicken spice mix in NZ on www.butterchicken.co.nz

missmad, Mar 17, 6:45am
mwaaaaa i went to get the butter chicken stuff and the only place they wont send is too aus ... ... guess that counts me out!

printz, Mar 24, 8:20am
Thank you Sandra, I ordered 3 packs, received them today and couldn't wait to try it, so used one tonight - I have tried various recipes for butter chicken, none hit the spot, but this butter chicken was the best authentic tasting one i've made. The recipe says for 3 people, but I think it could stretch to 4. Good value too

ruckass1, Mar 24, 11:12am
Try here http://www.trademe.co.nz/Home-living/Food-beverage/Herbs-spi
ces/auction-279689601.htm

sandra22, Dec 3, 10:52am
Yes, I'm so sorry about that, I wish I could send to Aussie, I've tried 3 times and every time Aussie customs won't let it through. Must cause it smells so darn good they kept for themselves! ha ha.