Pork pies !!

rodcindy, May 31, 4:13am
Can anyone please tell me if these cold be successfully made in the Texas Muffin tins ??
TIA

bearskin, May 31, 4:40am
You could make a version of a pork pie like that, but strictly speaking the pies should stand up on their own (The pastry should be very stiff) and not be baked in a tin as such.

tigerlilly16, May 31, 4:48am
IDK but I think for traditional pork pies the pastry used 'stands alone' so you form it around something then take it off and fill it. It's not in a case.

griffo4, May 31, 6:11am
l just made them and l was in a hurry and l couldn't get them to stand alone so l put them into the texas tins and they came out really nice

retired, May 31, 6:26am
Long time since I made these but you used hot water pastry and formed it around a jar.

rodcindy, May 31, 6:43am
My Mum is from Lancashire and used to make them, this is a learning curxe for me..I'll try stand aloneand if that stuffs up , its the muffin tins for me !!.. on the same subject.. di dyou find Lard easy to source.. and do you do the stock with gelatine or from pig trotters... also I have no jars, so I wonder if I can form them around fairly deep ramekins ??

griffo4, Jun 1, 1:39am
l got the lard from the Mad Butcher and it is NZ lard
Pak n Save sometimes have it as well
Would you be kind enough to share your recipe as the one l made didn't have a stock to go with it and they were a bit dry and one person asked me where the jelly stuff in the filling was

wayne472, Jun 1, 6:49am
This link will take you to the recipe of how to make the pie cases
http://www.rampantscotland.com/recipes/blrecipe_scotchpie.htm