watties beetroot question

shar47, Mar 16, 7:27am
has anyone else noticed that this product goes off rather quickly now? As a kid we had it in the fridge for ages and it would still be fine, As an adult I could do the same. Now, I open a tin, decant into the usual container my beetroot lives in, and its RANCID within a week or two. Please tell me Im not totally mad and that others have had the same issue?

holmsies, Mar 16, 7:37am
I agree totally, thought it was just me.
Also grew my own this year, its was easy, and the taste is far superior. No more wishy washy betroot in this household. And it is eaten far quicker with no chance of going off in the fridge!

paghan, Mar 16, 7:43am
I noticed the same, and I have also noticed that it is not as red more pinkish looking

korbo, Mar 16, 7:59am
dont buy watties, only buy golden circle beetroot. seems to stay ok for a few weeks, hoping to bottle my own next week

maximus44, Mar 16, 8:02am
It doesn't have any flavour. I often buy whole beetroot and cook it myself. Much better.

buzzy110, Mar 16, 8:12am
Gosh. How interesting.

fruitluva2, Mar 16, 8:21am
can yous check the other thread and vote it plez " winter ... . '

shar47, Mar 16, 8:34am
thanks guys... i have just sent a complaint to the company about the beetroot. It used to be the only one I liked... especially for its "fridge life" now... . . ? ? ?

jessie981, Mar 16, 8:37am
I always add vinegar to mine, no problems

trader125, Nov 7, 4:46pm
nothing beats homemade, but i to do not buy watties anymore only golden circle, way nicer