Anyone got a recipe for cupcakes or muffins that

munrotti, May 30, 7:21pm
uses oil instead of butter.I need to make someto decorate with a class of 25 children.Don't want to have to melt or cream butter. Just wanta recipe for plain ones.

245sam, May 30, 8:43pm
munrotti, just in case I ever needed/wanted to do so I've kept the following.....

"make all my muffins with oil instead of butter now.My rule is for every 50g butter use 40ml oil. I use rice bran or canola oil now as it is apparently healthier but I guess you could use olive.
fantalantique (408 )1:46 pm, 26 Jul"

I suggest that you try doing a search here on this Trademe MB using muffins (or cupcakes) as the Keyword(s) and Anytime as the Date posted option and if you can't find one that uses oil instead of butter, then try the above.

Hope that helps.:-))

momma1, May 30, 8:47pm
im at work sorry but i to have a recipe at home
for crusty lemon and blueberry muffins that uses oil and they are delicious. maybe do a search on google for them.

momma1, May 30, 8:48pm

momma1, May 30, 8:49pm
use the recipe minus the lemon and blueberry

pam.delilah, May 30, 9:10pm
You could replace the blueberries with sultans

Blueberry Muffins jo segar
Ingredients

2 cups flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup Chelsea Caster Sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup oil
1 1/2 cups milk
1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 1/2 cups blueberries

Method

Preheat oven to 200°C
Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl until just combined and moistened. Don’t over mix or the muffins will be tough and not rise evenly.
Spoon into well greased deep muffin tins. Bake for 15 – 18 minutes. Cool on a wire rack
makes 12 muffins

pam.delilah, May 30, 9:11pm
just piped at the post . Or two great minds thinking alike (lol)
did not see your post as I got sidetracked before I could hit the send button

munrotti, May 31, 5:32am
thanks for advice. Good to keep that substitution in mind.