Reduced cream caramel sauce

waldo15, May 30, 4:19am
does anyone have a recipe for a caramel sauce using reduced cream?

gardie, May 30, 5:33am
Brown sugar - melt in pan then stir in the reduced cream.This is how I make caramel sauce except I use normal cream.Don't see why it wouldn't work.And don't worry if the brown sugar is not dissolved - it does once the cream is added.

waldo15, May 30, 6:33am
Thanks gardie, how much brown sugar?

sultana0, May 30, 11:06am
I use condensed milk and golden syrup.Heat the condensed milk either in pot on stove or in micro til hot and then add a big spoon ful of golden syrup and stir. Its nice hot or cold on icecream or cold on slices

245sam, May 30, 11:58am
x1
waldo15, the following is a recipe from 30-35 years ago that I vaguely recall using in pre-microwave days.....

CARAMEL SAUCE
1 tbsp butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 x 150g can reduced cream

Over a low heat melt the butter and the brown sugar.Add the reduced cream and stir in well until the cream is blended through.
Serve hot with icecream and other desserts or use cold as a filling for sponges, tartlets, Swiss rolls or as a sweet spread.

Hope that helps.:-))

gardie, May 30, 5:37pm
x1
Sams recipe sounds great.I'm probably a little heavier handed with the butter than this recipe suggests as I like it quite liquid prior to adding the cream.I don't think measurements are critical in a recipe such as this (as compared to a cake recipe); its something you could play around with to get it as you wanted.

waldo15, May 31, 4:19am
does anyone have a recipe for a caramel sauce using reduced cream!

gardie, May 31, 5:33am
Brown sugar - melt in pan then stir in the reduced cream.This is how I make caramel sauce except I use normal cream.Don't see why it wouldn't work.And don't worry if the brown sugar is not dissolved - it does once the cream is added.

waldo15, May 31, 6:33am
Thanks gardie, how much brown sugar!

245sam, May 31, 11:58am
waldo15, the following is a recipe from 30-35 years ago that I vaguely recall using in pre-microwave days.

CARAMEL SAUCE
1 tbsp butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 x 150g can reduced cream

Over a low heat melt the butter and the brown sugar.Add the reduced cream and stir in well until the cream is blended through.
Serve hot with icecream and other desserts or use cold as a filling for sponges, tartlets, Swiss rolls or as a sweet spread.

Hope that helps.:-))

gardie, May 31, 5:37pm
Sams recipe sounds great.I'm probably a little heavier handed with the butter than this recipe suggests as I like it quite liquid prior to adding the cream.I don't think measurements are critical in a recipe such as this (as compared to a cake recipe); its something you could play around with to get it as you wanted.