HELP - Looking for a Carrot Cake receipe with ...

sharleenlynch1, May 29, 7:03am
Brown sugar, pineapple, walnuts....I used to have this receipe but cant seem to find it and I have been asked to make one this week for a birthday cake - please help if you do have a similar receipe,....Thanks so much

lilyfield, May 29, 7:08am
replace white sugar with brown-- replace one cup of carrot with crushed pineapple- add some walnuts.

sharleenlynch1, May 29, 7:11am
ohh, I didnt realise that would work, sounds good to me - nice and simple!I just find the pineapple does make it a little more moist which is perfect for carrot cake....Thanks!

theanimal1, May 29, 9:58am
75grms butter,1 1/2 cups brown sugar,,1 150grm pot sour cream.3 eggs, 1 cup plain
white flour,1 1/2 tesapoons baking soda, 1 teaspoon mixed spice, 1 1/2 teaspoons
cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 3/4 cup wholemeal flour, 2 cups grated carrots, 1/4 cup
raisins (walnuts too if you wish).
CREAM CHEESE ICING 1/2 cup cream cheese, 1 tablespoon butter, 1 teaspoon
vanilla essence or lemon juice, 2 1/2 cups icing sugar.
Soften butter, beat in sugar, add sour cream and eggs and beat thoroughly. Sift flour,
baking soda, mixed spice cinnamon and salt. Add wholemeal flour. Fold into sour
cream mixture add grated carrots and raisins and nuts.Put Into greased and lined 20
cm square cake tin.Bake 180c for about 1 hour. When cold ice with cream cheese
icing. CREAM CHEESE ICING
Beat cream cheese until soft. add softened butter and vanilla or lemon juice and beat
well. Gradually beat in sifted icing sugar until smooth

mackenzie2, May 29, 6:08pm
BEAT 3 eggs, 3/4 cup oil and 1.5cups sugar, when light in colour add 1 tsp vanilla 3/4 cup orange juice and small tin of crushed pinnapple. In another bowl put 3 cups grated carrot, 2 cups wholemeal flour, 1 cup coconut 1.5 tsp mixed spice, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1.5 tsp baking soda, 2 tsp baking powder, .5 cup walnuts. Mix all together, bake 160 for approx 1 hr, keep checking after 50mins (oven dependent)

mackenzie2, May 29, 6:09pm
You could just change the white sugar to brown in this one It wouldn't make a lot of difference to the texture, maybe it would just taste richer

sharleenlynch1, May 30, 7:03am
Brown sugar, pineapple, walnuts.I used to have this receipe but cant seem to find it and I have been asked to make one this week for a birthday cake - please help if you do have a similar receipe,.Thanks so much

sharleenlynch1, May 30, 7:11am
ohh, I didnt realise that would work, sounds good to me - nice and simple!I just find the pineapple does make it a little more moist which is perfect for carrot cake.Thanks!

theanimal1, May 30, 9:58am
75grms butter,1 1/2 cups brown sugar,,1 150grm pot sour cream.3 eggs, 1 cup plain
white flour,1 1/2 tesapoons baking soda, 1 teaspoon mixed spice, 1 1/2 teaspoons
cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 3/4 cup wholemeal flour, 11/2 cups grated carrots,1/2 cup crushed pineapple,1/4 cup
raisins (walnuts too if you wish).
CREAM CHEESE ICING 1/2 cup cream cheese, 1 tablespoon butter, 1 teaspoon
vanilla essence or lemon juice, 2 1/2 cups icing sugar.
Soften butter, beat in sugar, add sour cream and eggs and beat thoroughly. Sift flour,
baking soda, mixed spice cinnamon and salt. Add wholemeal flour. Fold into sour
cream mixture add grated carrots and raisins and nuts.Put Into greased and lined 20
cm square cake tin.Bake 180c for about 1 hour. When cold ice with cream cheese
icing. CREAM CHEESE ICING
Beat cream cheese until soft. add softened butter and vanilla or lemon juice and beat
well. Gradually beat in sifted icing sugar until smooth

mackenzie2, May 30, 6:09pm
You could just change the white sugar to brown in this one It wouldn't make a lot of difference to the texture, maybe it would just taste richer

wiip4fep, Jul 16, 1:27pm
This is really inrntestieg, You're a very skilled blogger. I've joined your feed and look forward to seeking more of your posts. Also, I have shared your website in my social networks!

ug8ocjom, Jul 17, 5:16am
you are a reader of my blog, you'll know that I love my reicpe for Cream Cheese Icing. And, this mix comes with Cream Cheese icing too. How does it fare when compared to my own reicpe?