apple cider recipe wanted please

bubbleburp, Feb 6, 9:37am
my friend has two huge apple trees. we are just wondering if there is an easy recipe to make apple cider

jocook1, Feb 6, 9:40am
ooh yes me too please :)

haverstock1, Feb 6, 10:25am
Apples need to be very ripe. Crush them and squeeze out the juice which without the right equipment is not easy. Collect juice and allow to ferment. No need for yeast as there is enough in the skins. Store for at least three months.
My father had a cider press and used to make several barrels of cider each year.

harrislucinda, Feb 6, 9:56pm
1. 5kgapples5. 7ltswater1kg sugarjuiceandzestof3lemons
firstfreezeapplesthencrushto asludgethenputintocleanedbucketwithwaterleave7daysstirringeverydaystrainputliquidbackinbucketaddsugarandjuiceoflemonsstirleave24hrsstrainthenbottle

jocook1, Mar 16, 4:41am
have the apples freezing :) now how much space would you leave at the top of the bottles? i am using wine bottles with screw lids.
And how long do you leave it for to become just a nice light buzzy alcoholic drink? ?
and finally lol as feijoa trees will be full soon, can you use feijoas the same way as the apples? or do you need to add a yeast.
many thanks

jocook1, Mar 16, 7:12am
a gentle bump :)

willman, Mar 16, 7:59am
speedy apple cider ( very similar to #4 )

1. 5 cooking apples, 5. 7 litres water ( boil first and let cool ). 1 kg white sugar and the juice and zest of 3 lemons.
Place apples in plastic bag and put in freezer for 3 days. Take apples out of freezer and leave to thaw for a couple of hours. Chop apple into pieces, peel cores and all through a blender. Put the pulp in a 10 litre plasticbucket ( new is best ) and add the cold water. Cover with a tea towel and leave for 7 days, stirring morning and night. Stain the through muslin cloth, discard pulp and pour back into bucket. Add sugar, emon zest and strained juice. After a day it will star fizzing as yeast coverts to alcohol. Wait a couple of days for the fuzzing to die down, then strain and pour into plastic screw top bottlesThis cider is fit to drink in a week.

harrislucinda, Mar 16, 8:58am
thankswillmanexplainedbetterthanmebutstill thesamemethodyesonly ashortlifefordrinkingthen goesyuk

willman, Nov 7, 5:45pm
Thanks harrislucinda. It is good to know that this recipe only has a short drinking life.