Pork Veal Terrine with Pistachios - Recipe Please

nzkea1, May 28, 9:24am
Several years ago I made this divine terrine it was a recipe from an Australia Womans Weekly cookbook, my cookbooks are packed away - back in NZ and I am hanging out for this gorgeous terrine yet onece again, can someone please help me??????

nzkea1, May 29, 9:24am
Several years ago I made this divine terrine it was a recipe from an Australia Womans Weekly cookbook, my cookbooks are packed away - back in NZ and I am hanging out for this gorgeous terrine yet onece again, can someone please help me!

darkestangel1, May 25, 3:19am
Well this sounds nice - anyone got any suggestions or comments to make please!

karenz, May 25, 3:59am

cookessentials, May 25, 7:46am
This is the one I did at Christmas, It was delicious.

Ingredients

1.5kg skinless pork belly

5 cloves of garlic

½ onion

1 small bunch of parsley

2 tbsp. sea salt

1 tsp. each-pepper, coriander seeds, cumin and fennel seeds

2tbsp. flour

2 whole eggs

2 tbsp. brandy

½ cup of cream

½ cup of prunes

¼ cup of pistachios

10 slices of prosciutto

Method
Start by cutting the pork belly in to 2cm dice and chill well.
Using a course grind, mince the pork, garlic, onion and parsley into a chilled bowl.
Season with salt and toasted and ground spices.
Mix the flour, cream, egg and brandy together and using a wooden spoon beat well through the pork mix. Add chopped prunes and pistachios and chill.
Line a 1.5kg terrine mould with cling film over lapping the sides and then layer the prosciutto to completely cover the bottom and sides with enough to overlap the top.
Fill the terrine with the pork mix making sure to knock out any air pockets, fold over the overlapping prosciutto and then cover with overlapping cling film.
Wrap the top of the terrine with aluminium foil and cook in a bain-Marie in a 150c oven for approx. 2 hours or until a knife comes out hot when pierced.
Refrigerate overnight and serve with your favourite pickles, chutneys and grilled bread.

nfh1, May 25, 8:53am
I hope OP has not been waiting for a year for a response.

cookessentials, May 25, 9:50am
Well, maybe! LOL. Perhaps they found the recipe after all