Christmas truffles

glynsmum, May 28, 4:37am
I have to make100 truffles for a mid winter Christmas dinner can I start them and freeze some,as it' rather a lot for one go?

daleaway, May 28, 5:05am
Most truffle recipes keep for months frozen. Go for it.

glynsmum, May 28, 9:35pm
Thanks just wasn"t sure if when they came to defrost if they would go mushy or have that whitish look?

maynard9, May 28, 9:42pm
I make my Xmas truffles every year at Labour weekend and they are perfect for Xmas - well if my family haven't discovered them hidden in the freezer that is.

245sam, May 28, 11:14pm
Just a suggestion glynsmum because of your comment re "have that whitish look" - If you're chocolate dipping/coating the truffles and are really concerned re the "whitish look", how about making the truffles anytime now and freezing them then do the chocolate dipping/coating nearer to the time?I personally do not have any experience re how well the chocolate coated truffles present after being frozen i.e. whether they have the "whitish look" or have a sweaty look; however I'm sure that someone else will be able to advise you re that.I have frozen for around 3 or so months, truffles without chocolate coating and they have been perfect afterwards, so all the best for your truffle production line.:-))

glynsmum, May 29, 4:37am
I have to make100 truffles for a mid winter Christmas dinner can I start them and freeze some,as it' rather a lot for one go!

glynsmum, May 29, 9:35pm
Thanks just wasn"t sure if when they came to defrost if they would go mushy or have that whitish look!

maynard9, May 29, 9:42pm
I make my Xmas truffles every year at Labour weekend and they are perfect for Xmas - well if my family haven't discovered them hidden in the freezer that is.

245sam, May 29, 11:14pm
Just a suggestion glynsmum, because of your comment re "have that whitish look" - If you're chocolate dipping/coating the truffles and are really concerned re the "whitish look", how about making the truffles anytime now and freezing them then do the chocolate dipping/coating nearer to the time!I personally do not have any experience re how well the chocolate coated truffles present after being frozen i.e. whether they have the "whitish look" or have a sweaty look; however I'm sure that someone else will be able to advise you re that.I have frozen for around 3 or so months, truffles without chocolate coating and they have been perfect afterwards, so all the best for your truffle production line.:-))