I need the recipe for steamed pudding

jeaglover, May 28, 2:25am
that goes into a hungi to feed approx 100 people

noelee, May 28, 4:56am
Got this recipe from Maori TV channel Kai Time On The Road use it all the time : Steamed Pudding ... 6 cups self raising flour 6 cups milk 3/4 cups caster sugar 250grams butter 1/4 tin golden syrup 5tsps baking soda.
In a saucepan add the butter, sugar and golden syrup. Heat till butter melts and sugar dissolves with the golden syrup. Let it simmer for a bit until the mix browns not too long though or it will burn. Add the milk, save some to dissolve the baking soda. Add self raising flour mix well to remove the lumps. Add the m,ilk and baking soda and stir in the pudding mix . Pour mixture into a 10 inch tin lined with a bread bag, I used a oven bag works fine. loosely tie the top allowing enough room for it to rise. Steam 1 1/2to 2 hours been cooked in a hangi andsteamed in large pot.

jeaglover, May 28, 9:37am
Thank you noelee, sounds easy, i will be giving it a go.

noelee, May 29, 4:56am
Got this recipe from Maori TV channel Kai Time On The Road use it all the time : Steamed Pudding . 6 cups self raising flour 6 cups milk 3/4 cups caster sugar 250grams butter 1/4 tin golden syrup 5tsps baking soda.
In a saucepan add the butter, sugar and golden syrup. Heat till butter melts and sugar dissolves with the golden syrup. Let it simmer for a bit until the mix browns not too long though or it will burn. Add the milk, save some to dissolve the baking soda. Add self raising flour mix well to remove the lumps. Add the m,ilk and baking soda and stir in the pudding mix . Pour mixture into a 10 inch tin lined with a bread bag, I used a oven bag works fine. loosely tie the top allowing enough room for it to rise. Steam 1 1/2to 2 hours been cooked in a hangi andsteamed in large pot.