How do you store your cut pumpkin?

kuaka, May 25, 11:15pm
I've always removed the seeds and stored in the veg drawer in the fridge, preferably in a paper bag.I see in "Indulge" the Countdown mag, they recommend wrapping in clingfilm - I would have thought this would make it sweat and reduce it's life.Anyone?

cookessentials, May 26, 1:10am
I agree. I have never wrapped mine in cling film, as you, I remove the seeds and keep in the vegetable drawer.

jessie981, May 26, 2:07am
I sometimes rub flour over the cut edge. Seems to stop it going mouldy. Read this hint years ago.

rainrain1, May 26, 2:36am
keeps for ages in the veg drawer once deseeded....no wrapping

kinna54, May 26, 2:45am
Thanks jessie I am going to try that! bought a huge pumpkin monday, and already it is sweating and have only cut 1 piece from it.! Will go and do it now.

lindylambchops1, May 26, 4:50am
ah ha just made pumpkin soup today for tonights dinner.Serving with sausage rolls.Dessert is chocolate self saucing pudding!Thanks for the hints with storing the cut pumpkin.

diamond-fan, May 26, 5:16am
I always sprinkle black pepper over the cut surface, with seeds removed, keeps in my vege drawer for ages.

pickles7, May 26, 6:27am
I do not take any risks with pumpkin any more. I deal with the whole pumpkin and freeze it.
I cut pieces to roast, half cook them in the microwave, cool and freeze.
I cook season and mash some ,cool and freeze in meal lots.
It dose not make sense running a freezer, and throwing out food. I throw all my veg in the freezer these days, if they are needing to be used.
Mashed potato as well. I looked at the mashed potatoes in the supermarket tonight, there were not too many bags left in the freezers. People are buying them for sure.

retired, May 26, 6:32am
x1
Jessie981 I use flour on the cut surface, read about this some time ago but can't remember where!Seems to seal it and keeps it fresh.

ucanchoose, May 26, 9:01am
my mum always used to do the black pepper method, too

tramore, Jun 2, 3:38am
I just prepare it...with or without skin, and throw raw into freezer.Then just pull out chunks for meal.Can be roasted or steamed or boiled.