What's on your Cook Book Wishlist?

Page 1 / 5
gerty, May 23, 8:45pm
I've finally got a new kitchen & I'm looking for wonderful new inspiration. So far on my ultimate cook book collection wishlist I've got:
The Silver Spoon
The Cook's Companion
River Cottage Everyday
The Wagamama Cookbook
What books would you love? I'm keen to add to my wishlist :)

cgvl, May 23, 9:53pm
anything pre 1950's and oddly enough if its handwritten or has comments in it all the better.
I haven't been allowed to browse the bookshops lately so don't know what new ones there are, but that Cooks companion sounds intereseting.

deus701, May 24, 3:12am
Chocolates and Confections by Peter P. Greweling. Been procastinating in buying it. Its from C.I.A so will be a good guide.

Also looking for a good gateaux/cake books. I read a really good one.. great pictures, steps, by Fredreric Bau..or someone similar (has french n english instructions)...
..unfortunately it was stolen..n I never caught the title of it =((

gerty, May 24, 3:34am
Anyone know any GREAT barbeque books? Gourmet/modern? I'm on the hunt for one of those too.

winnie231, May 24, 4:17am
Julie Buiso's bbq cookbook "Sizzle" is a mouthwatering feast for the eyes & tum! I highly recommend it!!!
Otherwise "The Great Bloke's BBQ Cookbook" is also worthwhile.

deus701, May 24, 4:23am
try books by Robert Rainford.

bedazzledjewels, May 24, 4:27am
These days I borrow them from the library.
Saves me heaps!

johne21, May 24, 6:11am
Me too :0)

gerty, May 24, 11:00am
Except... I have a lovely new shelf in my lovely new kitchen, all ready for lovely new cook books :)

Thanks for the recommendations - cheers.

klc1, May 24, 7:13pm
Delia Smiths - How to Cook- books are great, cover everything you need to know.

stefanie, May 24, 8:57pm
Hi, I like the (Asian) the beautiful cook book series (particulary the Chinese and Thai), also Donna Hay, Julie Le Clerke and Annabel Langbein.
My husband got me a book called Mediterranean cookbook by Paul Gayler, I love this book, but the recipes are not 'quick'.
I agree with another poster, my favourite books are a '58 cookbook which came with the electrical stove and an old Dr. Oetker baking book, both 10 years older than myself. The former has recipes which hardly anyone does from scratch nowadays (am talking about German potatoe dumplings etc). However, they wouldn't look that good in a brand new kitchen.

bearskin, May 25, 3:04am
Gerty,
"How to Grill" by Steve Raichlen is the one. He popularised the 'Beer Can chicken' style that is all the rage these days.

moggie57, May 25, 4:25am
THE TIN GOOSE cookbook..there are cafes in alexandra/cromwell/q-town...am-
azing book...i have seen it so on my wish list also $50.Annabel langbein one is good too..i got it through flybuys..

juliewn, May 25, 11:47am
Me too.. love to browse through them.. I love the fundraising type books too.. with their adverts and recipes that are tried and true..

womp_womp_music, May 26, 2:39am
anything by rick stien is always amazing

ruby19, May 26, 2:48am
The Vegeterranean: Italian Vegetarian Cooking by malu simoes.

Would love to hear any reviews/opinions on it if anyone has it!

gerty, May 26, 11:28am
I like Annabel L & Donna Hay too... got my eye on some of those.

sandra25, May 28, 9:40am
If you can wait until October Al Brown has a new book out on BBQ and Wood Fired cooking

suie1, May 28, 9:43am
Annabel Laingbein

skye7, May 28, 9:55am
Agreed this is a great book. Also Lisa Loveday's pressure cooker book

snowboard123, May 29, 6:32am
I have the new one by Annabel langbein and I have just ordered the new donna hay book.I love cook books to.Magazine as well.I am serioiusly bad at buying food magazines!!!

frances1266, May 29, 6:49am
I like Julie Le Clerc, Julie Biuso but my favourites are Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone by Deborah Madison which has wonderful recipes and also 1000 Vegan Recipes by Robin Robertson.

gerty, May 29, 8:01am
I have a very old and battered Julie Buiso vegetables paperback that I just love. The best ratatouille ever :) The Al Brown sounds really worth waiting for, thanks :)

samboy, May 29, 8:10am
I have 4 shelves of cookbooks from very old to very new.One is written by my mum in a bound notebook from the time she was 15 and 'did housework', she would be just on 100 now.Its a little like an account of her life as it starts off with recipes for the family she worked for, then "little treats for my new hubby", then baby foods, pureed brains etc, then on to family meals and school lunches and biscuits.She has put little comments like "this is very nice and very delicious", she has recipes from friends and relatives she has written in as well as well as old war time remedies, using up rations, plunket mix for coughs, No computers to type things out in those days.Its a real treasure and I have memories of licking the bowl when she made biscuits from her book.

gerty, May 30, 1:49am
That is a treasure indeed samboy :)