Banana Cake Recipe for wedding cake please!

newflover, Mar 15, 9:16am
Wedding is a week on sat and I still do not have a recipe that is perfect, for my very good friends perfect day... . any recipes would be greatly appreciated, less fuss the better, but then again I want the best. Thank you in advance! !

245sam, Mar 15, 9:26am
newflover, have you tried doing a search here on this Trademe MB? use 'banana cake' as the Keyword and 'Anytime' as the Date posted option.
Good luck - hope you find the "perfect" recipe and that the cake making and your friends' special day goes well. :-))

scannell2, Mar 15, 9:30pm
I got this recipe off here when i was looking for a no fail special occasion cake, it was called Best Banana Cake Ever and it truely is

Beat 3 eggs, 1. 5 cups of sugar, add 1/2 cup of cheap oil, 3/4 cup sour cream, 3-4 ripe bananas. Beat together then add 2 cups flour, 1. 5 tsp both BP and Baking Soda (i normally mix BS with a little milk), beat until nice and smooth

Bake @ 170 degrees for 1 hour

jaz8, Mar 15, 10:47pm
I can vouch for this one, it truly is the best banana cake ever. I make it all the time. And it is so easy!

newflover, Mar 15, 11:07pm
Thanks Scannell2, i have just got some bananas out of the freezer to try your one. Thank you, I like them moist and the recipe the bride gave me was dry, yucky! !

pansyt, Nov 6, 7:40am
I got this one offT/M recipethread, it is absolutley scrummy

Banana Cake 5 bananas

4 eggs,
2 1/2 cups self rising flour,
5 bananas,
1 tsp baking soda,
1 cup oil,
1 cup sugar

Mix all ingredients together in a bowl, pour into greased cake tin.
Bake at 160 degrees for 45 mins. .