ANZAC Biscuits

scamples, May 21, 2:05am
Have lent my cook book and want to make these biscuits, heard on the radio
that if you add crunchiepeanut butter on top then when cooked ice with
chocie icing they are absolutely yum...

denbru, May 21, 2:23am
Have never heard of peanut butter on top may try that next time I make them. Here is my recipe, tried and true!!
ANZAC BISCUITS
125g butter
1 T golden syrup - Melt these both together

Add
1 t baking soda dissolved in 2 T boiling water
1 C rolled oats
1 C coconut
1 C sugar
1 C flour

Bake 175 deg C about 12-15 mins

scamples, May 21, 3:10am
Thanks denbru 146..much appreciated..heard the peanut butter add on listening to the radio this am the lady said it was a family favourite for years
so thought that would make the Anzac bis. interesting

olwen, May 21, 3:38am
I heard that on the radio. The peanut butter was as a slice.Use the Anzac bikkie recipe (they said they doubled it).Cook it in a slice tin, when you take it out spread with crunchy peanut butter while hot, then chocolate icing.

seniorbones, May 21, 4:54am
Did they say how long to cook for - the longer you cook anzac biscuit the crispier they are (without burning) if you under cook they stay soft? I like mine really hard and crunchy but might try the slice it sounds yummy

scamples, May 22, 2:05am
Have lent my cook book and want to make these biscuits, heard on the radio
that if you add crunchiepeanut butter on top then when cooked ice with
chocie icing they are absolutely yum.

denbru, May 22, 2:23am
Have never heard of peanut butter on top may try that next time I make them. Here is my recipe, tried and true!
ANZAC BISCUITS
125g butter
1 T golden syrup - Melt these both together

Add
1 t baking soda dissolved in 2 T boiling water
1 C rolled oats
1 C coconut
1 C sugar
1 C flour

Bake 175 deg C about 12-15 mins

scamples, May 22, 3:10am
Thanks denbru 146.much appreciated.heard the peanut butter add on listening to the radio this am the lady said it was a family favourite for years
so thought that would make the Anzac bis. interesting

seniorbones, May 22, 4:54am
Did they say how long to cook for - the longer you cook anzac biscuit the crispier they are (without burning) if you under cook they stay soft! I like mine really hard and crunchy but might try the slice it sounds yummy