Mini Muffin recipe for 9 month baby please

linster, May 20, 12:57am
Does anyone have a good recipe?? can be fruit based or vegie based

I tried making some mini ones last week with vegies and the inside came out all squishy and uncooked looking.. i need a better recipe

Thanks in advance!

jessie981, May 20, 2:01am
Bump for you
Go into lefthand message board & put mini muffins under keyword. Under date posted put anytime. There are recipes from other peeps

kinna54, May 20, 2:16am
I just use my ordinary muffin mixes, and cook less time, and err on the side of undercooking, as they still retain heat and cook a bit more after they come out of the oven.Anything with yoghurt in is usually really good, they are moister mixes which are better for the minis. I make savoury muffins often and just microwave the veges for a couple of mins first, cool and then add to the mix

buzzy110, May 20, 2:24am
Gosh. I'm impressed. My 9 month old grandson is not yet ready to eat muffins. If I was going to make him anything I think I'd pre-steam a number of vegetables till they were just about cooked and whizz together in a processor. Then I'd mix them in with about 6 eggs, salt and maybe a little bit of cheese and just put that mix into muffin tins until they were just about cooked and give those to him. I could even make some using steamed oily fish as well to along with some nice fresh herbs.

Mmm. You have given me some good ideas to be adding to the list of things I can make for my daughter to give to her son. Thanks for that. You are brilliant.

kinna54, May 20, 7:02am
sounds nice, buzzy but just be aware,my wee grandie couldn't tolerate that much egg at that age. Her favourite is stilll peach or banana, for the vege or savoury ones I justmicrowave a few veges, like potato and pumpkin and parsnip or carrot and a few greens like chopped up brocoli, mash together and put spoonfuls into the mix, always with cheese. Guess it depends how many teeth they have as well.

buzzy110, May 20, 7:09am
Mmm. 6 eggs spread around 6 mini muffins is not a lot of egg in one sitting. Why, may I ask, would your grandie not tolerate egg? Mine gets a lot of eggs as they are a cheap and easy to eat protein for a youngster but he much prefers his to be not fully cooked. Even at 8 months he has learnt the difference between overcooked rubber and delicious, soft boiled eggs, which is why I wouldn't overcook the wee muffins.

kinna54, May 20, 11:24am
Lots of kids aren't great at eggs until about 1yr. She is older now and loves them, especially nans eggy toast, but at that age they really upset her digestion. She has a very sensitive tummy. At plunket we advised not full eggs until older, it is due to a tolerance of something in the egg white, and if you notice in some baby food brands the ones with eggs in are for older kiddies. I guess 6 eggs spread around 6 muffins isn't a lot, but just stating my preference to make mini muffins with a normal recipe using 1 egg. Each to their own I guess.

pickles7, May 20, 9:59pm
a quiche.....buzzy110.... not a muffin mixture.

Mmm. You have given me some good ideas to be adding to the list of things I can make for my daughter to give to her son. Thanks for that. You are brilliant.

buzzy110 (65 )2:24 pm, Fri 20 May #4

says it all....

blt10, May 20, 10:09pm
6 eggs for a toddler? crumbs I can handle one or two depending what it accompanies.

buzzy110, May 21, 4:28am
Now let's get real here. The recipe was for muffins. Nobody eats an entire tray of muffins and it is even more unlikely that a 9mth old would eat more than one.

buzzy110, May 21, 4:32am
Not sure what you are getting at pickles, and yes the recipe does look more like a quiche or even an omelette type thingy but I can actually cook and do understand rather a lot about how the same ingredients can be combine to create different products. When they are finally turned out they will be quite puffy, just like a muffin only without all the gluten.

buzzy110, May 21, 4:36am
Hi kinna. Thanks for the putdown. I'm sure your grandie is much better off with lots of gluten. It is so much better for young digestive systems than eggs - not. My daughter, on the other hand, would shoot me if I fed her son gluten because, without the gluten and other additives that other people stuff into their babies and toddlers, her son's digestive system is working perfectly.

kinna54, May 23, 7:27am
Ouch somone's not having a good day!! I don't make a habit of put downs buzzy, leave that up to others!(have seen some of your other posts) the purpose of these threads is to assist, not criticise,and when I said each to their own, that's what it is, note it's not the first time you have responded with a stiff backed response. As in your comment nobody eats an entire tray of muffins, well ditto!