How long does buttercreme icing last?

k_stuart, May 18, 11:14pm
if kept in the fridge or can you freeze it? TIA

obsidianwings, May 18, 11:22pm
I have had it a good couple of weeks in the fridge before partner made me throw it out from nervousness. Still looked and smelled good to me though. I'm guessing it would last about the same amout of time as butter in the fridge. It went hard, but softened up once out of the fridge.
Don't know if it freezes well.
Sorry I couldn't give a more specific answer

lilyfield, May 18, 11:40pm
keeps as long as butter- and as long as sugar-equals=ages

obsidianwings, May 18, 11:46pm
Thats what I figured, nice to have confirmation for next time i'm told to throw it out :)

kiwitrish, May 18, 11:48pm
Freezes well too.

kinna54, May 19, 3:11am
2nd to freezing it. its fine.

rkcroft, May 19, 4:53am
Yip, I freeze mine all the time because I normally make heaps.Brilliant to be able to pull it out and defrost when making cupcakes.It's just as good as new.

k_stuart, May 19, 11:14pm
if kept in the fridge or can you freeze it! TIA

obsidianwings, May 19, 11:22pm
I have had it a good couple of weeks in the fridge before partner made me throw it out from nervousness. Still looked and smelled good to me though. I'm guessing it would last about the same amout of time as butter in the fridge. It went hard, but softened up once out of the fridge.
Don't know if it freezes well.
Sorry I couldn't give a more specific answer

obsidianwings, May 19, 11:46pm
Thats what I figured, nice to have confirmation for next time i'm told to throw it out :)

rkcroft, May 20, 4:53am
Yip, I freeze mine all the time because I normally make heaps.Brilliant to be able to pull it out and defrost when making cupcakes.It's just as good as new.