a salmon fritter using mashed potatoe please....

carot3, Mar 15, 2:57am
I need a salmon fritter recipe that uses mashed potatoe please. I have already mashed the potatoes and are cooling in fridge... only problem i cant find a recipe now! ! Nothing has the 'mash' in them. Thank you.

unknowndisorder, Mar 15, 3:02am
cook 4-5 large potatos and mash them with alittle butter, let it cool.
add 1 lge can of salmon or tuna.
1 small onion finely diced.
1/2 cup grated cheese.
juice of 1 lemon
1/2 cup of chopped parsely.
2 tablspoons flour to bind it together.

mix all together and shape into patties. coat in breadcrumbs and fry in a little oil or bbq .

Posted on TradeMe noticeboard by Teddy147 in January this year.

clair4, Mar 15, 3:02am
I add a tin of salmon, salt and pepper. 1 beaten egg, a little flour. Roll into a ball and dip in egg and then breadcrumbs. Put in to fridge for about 1/2 hour and then fry in hot fat or oil until nice and brown on each side. I love fish cakes.

kulkkulbelle, Mar 15, 3:12am
I just flake the salmon into a bowl, add seasoned firm cool mash from fridge, then dip in a beated egg, breadcrumb it, pop back in fridge for half an hour or longer then lightly pan fry.

You can add finely chopped spring onion to the mix (maybe soften/sweat it in a little butter or o/oil).

If you are using fresh salmon fillet, I steam microwave for a couple of minutes to par cook to make it easy to flake. Tinned salmon well drained is okay.

I make a nice dressing sauce using Best Foods mayo.

1/2 cup Best Foods
1 dspcapers
1 dsplemon juice

Whizz thoroughly... ...

carot3, Mar 15, 3:12am
thanks clair4 but i need to use all this mash up (will try your one when i have no spuds! hehe. thanks unknown. . note to self to look back over past threads before i ask next time :)

carot3, Mar 15, 3:15am
that sounds good to kulkkulbelle... i better get off and start cooking!

unknowndisorder, Mar 15, 3:52am
Carot, that wasn't having a dig at you for not looking at past threads. That was so the original poster took credit on Trade Me Recipe's message board (so it shows up on stackofrecipes as being posted here first).

Have another read of Claire's recipe - she's saying she adds (to potatoes is insinuated, rather than stated) ;)

hehehe, I'm trying to cook something resembling a cottage pie at the moment, be interesting to see if it's edible by the time I'm finished. You got me started with the mashed potatoes :)

kulkkulbelle, Nov 2, 10:45pm
carot - tell us how they worked out... . such an easy stand by... Nice for a cheap ladies' luncheon too.