No Butter in the House

melchk, May 15, 11:39pm
I would really like to do some baking, but have just realised I have no butter. Does anyone have any suggestions what I can make??

chito, May 15, 11:48pm
Boiled eggs.

mackenzie2, May 16, 12:02am
Banana cake, carrot cake, bran loaf, banana bread bran muffins (same as bran loaf recipe) Coca cola cake...

Let me know if you want receipes for any of above..

kinna54, May 16, 12:59am
Use marg instead if you have it.

melchk, May 16, 1:02am
Thanks for that. mackenzie, can I please get the recipe for the coca cola cake??
Thanks

jessie981, May 16, 1:04am
CHOCOLATE COKE COLA CAKE

Coca Cola Cake
3 cups flour
3 cups sugar
5 tbsp cocoa
1 1/2 cups coke
375 g butter
2 cups marshmallows
100g chocolate
3 eggs beaten
3/4 cups milk
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp vanilla essence
1 tbsp vegetable oil.
Grease and flour large cake pan and set aside.
In a large bowl combine flour and sugar.
In a large sauce pan combine cola, cocoa, marshmallows, chocolate and butter. Bring to the boil, make sure all is melted. Add to the flour and sugar mixture and combine well.
In another bowl mix eggs, milk, baking soda, oil and vanilla, add to mixture and mix well. Pour into pan and bake at 180 c for 35 mins until cake tests done, will be quite moist.
Allow cake to cool for 10 mins, turn onto serving plate, and dust with icing sugar.
my family love this cake,

jewls1 (425 )7:26 pm, Fri 22 Apr #7

mackenzie2, May 16, 1:30am
Igot this receipe of TM and have made it alot, it is just lovely

Coca Cola Fudge Cake

1 3/4 C Flour
2 C Brown Sugar
3/4 C Cocoa
2 t baking Soda
1 t baking powder
dash salt
2 eggs
1/2 C oil
1 C Cola
1 C of Buttermilk (I actually use trim Milk and it works)
1 t vanilla
Sift all dry ingredients into mixing bowl
Add wet and beat on medium to high speed till combined. Make sure you line you tin with gladbake if the tin is spring form as this is a very wet mix.
But being such a wet mix its is a moist almost mud cake texture. In fact we used to wholesale it as mud cake.
Bake in 9 x 13 Inch cake tin at 350 F or until prong comes out clean.

punkinthefirst, May 16, 2:28am
Make moist cakes and substitute salad oil at the rate of 3/4 cup oil to 1 cup butter.

pheebs1, May 16, 3:19am
"I make this once a week makes a small rosat pan size cake

3.5 c flour
3.5 c sugar
3 t/s Baking powder
1.5 c cocoa
1 cup oil
2 cups milk
3 t/s baking soda
1 t/s salt
4 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups of boiling water (added at end)

Put all ingredients (except for the water) in a large bowl mix well to a batter. add boiling water and mix till smooth bake in the over at 160 for 1hr. you can split the mix and make two smaller cakes or make 1 smaller cake and put the rest into muffin tins the choice is completely up to you. this is an excellent cake if you have a large family or just want to impress people. gets moister by the day so stays nice and fresh very simular to mud cake.
Quote hooksie60 (129 ) 2:27 pm, Thu 29 Oct #1"

Ithis is a great one no butter just oil. makes 2-3 normal sized cakes or 1 and 24 muffins

melchk, May 16, 11:39pm
I would really like to do some baking, but have just realised I have no butter. Does anyone have any suggestions what I can make!

mackenzie2, May 17, 12:02am
Banana cake, carrot cake, bran loaf, banana bread bran muffins (same as bran loaf recipe) Coca cola cake.

Let me know if you want receipes for any of above.

melchk, May 17, 1:02am
Thanks for that. mackenzie, can I please get the recipe for the coca cola cake!
Thanks