gillian111, May 14, 5:22am
Has anyone out there got a nice recipe for Fejoa Muffins

rainrain1, May 14, 5:56am
Feijoa Muffins

1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
several ripe Feijoas – I used five very large ones and did not mash them.
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1/3 cup butter melted

Topping
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup museli or cornies

Line 12 muffin cups with papers.

Sift the dry ingredients. Peel and chop Feijoas into small chunks. In a bowl stir together Feijoas, butter & beaten egg. Add them to the dry ingredients and stir until just moistened, then spoon into lined muffin pans.

Process the ingredients for the topping until crumbly. Divide between all the muffins and bake at 375F for 18 - 20 minutes.

rainrain1, May 14, 6:11am
BTWI copied the recipe from a newsletter,I have never eaten a fejoa, not even sure how it is spelt it:-)

rainrain1, May 14, 6:49am
lol check out my english lol

dalek1, May 15, 12:34am
I make nice ones - just use the bran muffin recipe in Edmonds cookbook and add some chopped (not mashed feijoas)

pp11, May 15, 12:37am
I made some with the Edmonds 'fruit muffins' recipe using a very full cup of feijoas. They were so moist.

pp11, May 15, 12:41am
P.S. Just in case you haven't got the Edmonds book:

Beat 1 egg, add 1/4 cup of oil, 1/4 cup sugar & 1 cup milk, mix.
Sift 2 cups plain flour, 4 tsps baking powder, 1 tsp cinnamon & 1 cup of any fruit into mix and lightly combine.
Into muffin tins and oven

So quick and easy :)

laser51, May 15, 1:19am
I just made a heap of these and used the recipe from the edmonds book for banana cake and used the equivilent (sp) in feijoas instead of bananas yummy

pp11, May 16, 12:37am
I made some with the Edmonds 'fruit muffins' recipe using a very full cup of feijoas. They were so moist.

pp11, May 16, 12:41am
P.S. Just in case you haven't got the Edmonds book:

Beat 1 egg, add 1/4 cup of oil, 1/4 cup sugar & 1 cup milk, mix.
Sift 2 cups plain flour, 4 tsps baking powder, 1 tsp cinnamon & 1 cup of any fruit into mix and lightly combine.
Into muffin tins and oven

So quick and easy :)