Gingerbread men

svce, May 14, 4:35am
Hi . We are having trouble here getting the gingerbread men to keep their shape when taking them off the table to plae them on the baking tray . Any tips?

rosathemad, May 14, 4:38am
Use a palette knife if you have one (flat widish utensil) or a regular knife or two if you don't - slip underneath and transport them that way. Also, put the tray as close as possible so the trip is short. :-)

svce, May 14, 5:01am
Thanks . have tried that I probably need the tray closer. How thic are they when you make them / the book stated 3mm. we did them that way for the first try but they didn't raise that much. They still taste good, we made the other tray thicker and they raised a lot and taste so much nicer.

kiwibubbles, May 14, 5:08am
what i've done before is roll out the mixture directly onto baking paper, use the cutter and leave the shapes behind on the wax paper and just removing excess and then moving the baking paper onto baking tray. I found it so much easier tha tway

horizons_, May 14, 10:19pm
You may find your mixture is too moist. The recipe I uses requires refrigerating the dough for 1/2 an hour prior to rolling. This helps firm them up for handling.

svce, May 15, 4:35am
Hi . We are having trouble here getting the gingerbread men to keep their shape when taking them off the table to plae them on the baking tray . Any tips!

rosathemad, May 15, 4:38am
Use a palette knife if you have one (flat widish utensil) or a regular knife or two if you don't - slip underneath and transport them that way. Also, put the tray as close as possible so the trip is short. :-)

svce, May 15, 5:01am
Thanks . have tried that I probably need the tray closer. How thic are they when you make them / the book stated 3mm. we did them that way for the first try but they didn't raise that much. They still taste good, we made the other tray thicker and they raised a lot and taste so much nicer.

kiwibubbles, May 15, 5:08am
what i've done before is roll out the mixture directly onto baking paper, use the cutter and leave the shapes behind on the wax paper and just removing excess and then moving the baking paper onto baking tray. I found it so much easier tha tway

kinna54, May 15, 5:13am
flour your board and tray well, or spray your rolling surface with non stick spray. a good bendy spatula should help. Dough should be quite stiff.