Chicken Noodle Soup

honeycats, May 13, 2:59am
I looking for a Clear type Chicken Noodle Soup recipe, not with any chunky veges etc in it, anyone have any such recipes??? I have searched through recipes also on here. Thanks

muppet65, May 13, 3:03am
you may want a broth recipe, sorry dont have one handy but if i find it ill post

honeycats, May 13, 3:26am
Ok thank you, i will search for a broth, i never thought about that lol

jessie981, May 13, 4:24am
Chicken Broth (Aunt Daisy)
Barely cover chicken with water. Add salt & pepper. Cook approx 90 mins (depending on size of chicken) 20 mins before finished cooking add 1TBSP of rice or noodles & finely chopped onion. Finish cooking, set aside. Skin to remove the fat & re-heat, adding 1dsp of corn flour to make it creamy. Before serving add finely chopped parsley

fifie, May 13, 8:57am
Chicken Noodle Soup i make for my Grandee who hates vegs and thinks she's eating noodles with some juice and chicken.
In a larger pot put 1-2 chicken carcasses, good sizepotato, carrot cut into chunks, 2-3 spinach leaves, 2-3 bayleaves, sprig thyme 1/2 teasp celery salt. Put all into a pot a just cover with water simmer till meat is cooked flaking off the bone, and vegs are cooked. Remove chicken put in a dish till cool. Strain stock into a bowl throw out bayleaves and thymekeep veges. Put stock in fridge overnight next day skim off fat, and Put stock back into a pot add vegs with a stick blender puree well, pull off somebits of chicken from caecass add these, then break up 1-2 packets of chicken noodles fairly small add these and sprinkle flavour chicken sachets in as well, bring to boil, cook only about a minute, turn off heat and stir well to break up noodles. You should have soup with juice only and noodles and a little chicken through it.,the more vegs you use the thicker and creamier it becomes, in our case madam likes it fairly clear with no vegs showing lol, this freezes well to.

kinna54, May 13, 9:51am
Do you want the skinny clear kind with just noodles and coloured water? If so you want a consomme type soup rather than a broth. A broth would be much thicker, more like a cream style soup

honeycats, May 14, 2:59am
I looking for a Clear type Chicken Noodle Soup recipe, not with any chunky veges etc in it, anyone have any such recipes! I have searched through recipes also on here. Thanks

fifie, May 14, 8:57am
Chicken Noodle Soup i make for my Grandee who hates vegs and thinks she's eating noodles with some juice and chicken.
In a larger pot put 1-2 chicken carcasses, good sizepotato, carrot cut into chunks, 2-3 spinach leaves, 2-3 bayleaves, sprig thyme 1/2 teasp celery salt. Put all into a pot a just cover with water simmer till meat is cooked flaking off the bone, and vegs are cooked. Remove chicken put in a dish till cool. Strain stock into a bowl throw out bayleaves and thymekeep veges. Put stock in fridge overnight next day skim off fat, and Put stock back into a pot add vegs with a stick blender puree well, pull off somebits of chicken from caecass add these, then break up 1-2 packets of chicken noodles fairly small add these and sprinkle flavour chicken sachets in as well, bring to boil, cook only about a minute, turn off heat and stir well to break up noodles. You should have soup with juice only and noodles and a little chicken through it.,the more vegs you use the thicker and creamier it becomes, in our case madam likes it fairly clear with no vegs showing lol, this freezes well to.

kinna54, May 14, 9:51am
Do you want the skinny clear kind with just noodles and coloured water! If so you want a consomme type soup rather than a broth. A broth would be much thicker, more like a cream style soup

honeycats, May 16, 12:37am
Ok great thanks heaps ladies.