Rhubarb pie or crumble recipe ...

spring82346, May 12, 10:26pm
Does anybody have a simple recipe for either rhubarb pie or crumble
please? Thanks

jessie981, May 12, 11:11pm
Go into the left hand message board & put rhubarb crumble or fruit. Under date posted put anytime. Heaps there. Yum

charlieb2, May 12, 11:13pm
This is a firm fav at our place.I wish I knew who originally posted it on here.. I've made it heaps and posted the recipe on here many times and it ALWAYS gets a great review.... delish!

Caramel Crusted Rhubarb and Apple Pudding ¾ cup flour 1 teaspoon baking powder ½ cup rolled oats ¼ cup white sugar 100g melted butter Stewed rhubarb and apple ¾ cup brown sugar 1 tablespoon custard powder or cornflour ¼ cup boiling water Preheat oven to 180c. Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl. Add rolled oats and white sugar. Mix in melted butter to make a crumble mixture. Sprinkle over rhubarb and apple. In the discarded bowl, combine brown sugar and custard powder. Spoon over crumble mix. Carefully pour over the boiling water. Do not stir. Oven bake for 30 minutes.

jessie981, May 12, 11:22pm
That made my mouth water!

charlieb2, May 12, 11:24pm
wait till you try it!!!

cookessentials, May 12, 11:32pm
what about rhubarb and orange sponge pudding?

cookessentials, May 12, 11:34pm
My rhubarb and orange sponge pudding.

BAKED RHUBARB AND ORANGE SPONGE
1 bunch rhubarb,trimmed and chopped. 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar; 2 tsp grated orange rind; 3 tbsp warmed honey; 60g butter; 1/4 cup caster sugar; 1 egg, lightly beaten; 3/4 cup self raising flour; 1/3 cup milk.
Place rhubarb in buttered ovenproof dish,sprinkle with the brown sugar and half the orange rind and pour over warmed honey. Cream butter with remaining orange rind and caster sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, then fold in sifted flour alternatively with the milk. Bake in a pre-heated moderately hot oven (190C) for about 40 minutes or until golden. Serve hot with custard or cream. I serve it with a good vanilla bean ice-cream.

245sam, May 12, 11:38pm

spring82346, May 13, 10:26pm
Does anybody have a simple recipe for either rhubarb pie or crumble
please! Thanks

charlieb2, May 13, 11:13pm
This is a firm fav at our place.I wish I knew who originally posted it on here. I've made it heaps and posted the recipe on here many times and it ALWAYS gets a great review. delish!

Caramel Crusted Rhubarb and Apple Pudding ¾ cup flour 1 teaspoon baking powder ½ cup rolled oats ¼ cup white sugar 100g melted butter Stewed rhubarb and apple ¾ cup brown sugar 1 tablespoon custard powder or cornflour ¼ cup boiling water Preheat oven to 180c. Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl. Add rolled oats and white sugar. Mix in melted butter to make a crumble mixture. Sprinkle over rhubarb and apple. In the discarded bowl, combine brown sugar and custard powder. Spoon over crumble mix. Carefully pour over the boiling water. Do not stir. Oven bake for 30 minutes.

charlieb2, May 13, 11:24pm
wait till you try it!

cookessentials, May 13, 11:32pm
what about rhubarb and orange sponge pudding!

245sam, May 13, 11:38pm
The recipe at #3 looks very similar to the one at:-

http://www.chelsea.co.nz/baking-and-recipes/59/caramel-crusted-rhubarb-pudding.aspx

Maybe whoever posted it here originally had received it in one of the regular e-mails from Chelsea and/or had the book "Sugar & Spice with Jo Seagar".

This is our favourite Rhubarb Crumble.

RHUBARB CUSTARD CRUMBLE
450g rhubarb trimmed and cut into 2.5cm (1”) pieces - fresh or frozen.
Custard:
3 rounded household tbsp custard powder
85g white sugar
450ml milk

Make a custard with all the ingredients & once it has boiled add the raw rhubarb – the custard will need to be very thick & stodgy. Place the rhubarb & custard mixture into a 1.5-2 litre ovenproof dish, then top the mixture with the
Crumble:
170g flour
85g each of brown sugar and butter or margarine.
Rub the butter into the flour to form a crumby mixture, then mix the brown sugar lightly through.
Bake at 180°C for 40-45 minutes.:-))

spring82346, May 14, 9:03pm
Thanks for the recipes. I made your recipe charlieb2, and it
was so yummy. Will try the other recipes as well. Thank you all.