Bread turning too dark in breadmaker..

fatdx, May 11, 2:21am
Hi all, I have a Breville Breadmakers oven. I use the recipe of 290mls milk, 3 cups flour, 1 tablespoon oil, 1 tablespoon sugar, 1 tsp salt and 1 1/2 tsp yeast. Even when I set my bread to "light' it still comes out quite brown on the outside as well as the inside. Can I change my ingredients to prevent this happening?

lilyfield, May 11, 2:39am
replace the milk with water

kinna54, May 11, 3:31am
It's cooking at too high a temp. try making your bread on "sweet' setting it has a longer rising time and the baking temp is lower. Tepid or warm water to replace the milk as lillyfield says could well help, also try some of the recipes that have a TBSP of milk powder and the warm water. My Breville has many crust settings A is usually light to med brown

kinna54, May 11, 3:32am
Also in your Breville try the french bread recipe, crust A , although that is quite crusty. Murdoc also posted a good recipe the other day, which I have yet to try.

grandma, May 11, 4:16am
Our favourite recipe (in my Breville Baker's Oven) is the French one.I use the "B" crust option, which suits our taste.Are you using the New Zealand recipe (not the Australian one that comes with the machine).

fatdx, May 11, 4:22am
Im just using a basic white recipe adapted to pretty much any breadmaker. Ive tried Sweet and French settings, they came out the darkest!

kinna54, May 11, 5:09am
I made the Breville spiced date and sultana loaf the other day on sweet and it is quite pale especially on the top. How long have you had the machine? You may have a thermostat problem. Have you tried the actual NZ supplement Breville french recipe, or are you just using another recipe on french setting? Otherewise I suggest you try just doing a dough only recipe and bake it off in your oven.

korbo, May 11, 10:07am
Type my name in box on left hand side, under recipes, and a good bread mix will comeup. I have 2 breville machines, and always get a nice golden colour.the recipe you quote seems fairly small in ingredients. Mine uses 300ml of warm water and 3 teaspoons yeast and 2 tble milk powder

pickles7, May 11, 9:30pm
I would think it could be too much sugar. Has this problem just started, or is it a new recipe??? I only have one setting on my bread maker. I also use 2 Tbsp of milk powder and warm water, I cannot think the milk would be the problem. Sugar tends to, burn though. Is your measure, level????

fatdx, May 12, 2:21am
Hi all, I have a Breville Breadmakers oven. I use the recipe of 290mls milk, 3 cups flour, 1 tablespoon oil, 1 tablespoon sugar, 1 tsp salt and 1 1/2 tsp yeast. Even when I set my bread to "light' it still comes out quite brown on the outside as well as the inside. Can I change my ingredients to prevent this happening!

kinna54, May 12, 3:31am
It's cooking at too high a temp. try making your bread on "sweet' setting it has a longer rising time and the baking temp is lower. Tepid or warm water to replace the milk as lillyfield says could well help, also try some of the recipes that have a TBSP of milk powder and the warm water. My Breville has many crust settings A is usually light to med brown

grandma, May 12, 4:16am
Our favourite recipe (in my Breville Baker's Oven) is the French one.I use the "B" crust option, which suits our taste.Are you using the New Zealand recipe (not the Australian one that comes with the machine).

kinna54, May 12, 5:09am
I made the Breville spiced date and sultana loaf the other day on sweet and it is quite pale especially on the top. How long have you had the machine! You may have a thermostat problem. Have you tried the actual NZ supplement Breville french recipe, or are you just using another recipe on french setting! Otherewise I suggest you try just doing a dough only recipe and bake it off in your oven.

pickles7, May 12, 9:30pm
I would think it could be too much sugar. Has this problem just started, or is it a new recipe! I only have one setting on my bread maker. I also use 2 Tbsp of milk powder and warm water, I cannot think the milk would be the problem. Sugar tends to, burn though. Is your measure, level!