Sweet & sour sauce for meatballs

madmum2, May 11, 12:27am
what is your best and easiest recipe for sweet & sour sauce for meatballs.I have a pot luck dinner to go to so want to impress.

jessie981, May 11, 1:59am
From cookessentials. you can check out other recipes by going into l/h message board & keying in sweet & sour sauce under keyword. Then under date posted put anytime

SWEET & SOUR SAUCE
1x onion;2tbsp soy sauce;1x clove garlic;2 tbsp brown sugar;salt;1 tbsp vinegar;1 cup pineapple pieces in juice;1/4 cup cold water;2 tbsp cornflour; ground ginger.

Peel and finely chop the onion, crush the garlic in salt. Combine pineapple, soy sauce;ground ginger and vinegar in saucepan. Bring to the boil and simmer 2-3 mins. Mix cornflour to a paste with the water. Add the sauce and cook till clear and thickened for three minutes. I use this sauce for a lovely sweet and sour fish. If you want the remainder of the recipe for the fish, let me know.

cookessentials (1162

irenedbw, May 11, 3:27am
Thanks, I'm going to try that :-)

ry5, May 11, 3:27am
My recipe is a "fly by the seat of your pants kind of thing"A tin of pineapple (including juice) a couple of table spoons of brown suagr, a glug of vinegar and a squirt of tomato sauce and water. Boil until thick or add a cornflour paste if it doesn't thicken enough.I just taste and adjust as I go.Good luck!

helen.58, May 11, 6:15am
My family loves this..tastes just like the shop bought and easy as to make..
1 tblsp oil, heat and add 2 tsp crushed garlic and 2 tsp ginger...
add 2 cups water, 2 cups sugar, 2 cups vinegar and 2 cups tomato sauce, bring to boil, lower to simmer. I add onion, carrot and peppers in chunks, cook a few minutes, thicken with a little cornflour and water... add meat..

rainrain1, May 11, 6:19am
Whoa!2 cups of sugar, are you sure?

irenedbw, May 12, 3:27am
Thanks, I'm going to try that :-)

ry5, May 12, 3:27am
My recipe is a "fly by the seat of your pants kind of thing"A tin of pineapple (including juice) a couple of table spoons of brown suagr, a glug of vinegar and a squirt of tomato sauce and water. Boil until thick or add a cornflour paste if it doesn't thicken enough.I just taste and adjust as I go.Good luck!

helen.58, May 12, 6:15am
My family loves this.tastes just like the shop bought and easy as to make.
1 tblsp oil, heat and add 2 tsp crushed garlic and 2 tsp ginger.
add 2 cups water, 2 cups sugar, 2 cups vinegar and 2 cups tomato sauce, bring to boil, lower to simmer. I add onion, carrot and peppers in chunks, cook a few minutes, thicken with a little cornflour and water. add meat.

rainrain1, May 12, 6:19am
Whoa!2 cups of sugar, are you sure!

helen.58, May 14, 12:17am
Yes, definately 2 cups sugar...

wildflower, May 14, 3:37am
ah, yuck!

helen.58, May 15, 12:17am
Yes, definately 2 cups sugar.

wildflower, May 15, 3:00am
I made Pam's sweet and sour sauce recipe last night and added it to pork mince and udon noodles, absolutely delicious!!Just did some green veg on the side and it made the nicest meal.Thanks for the great recipe:)

wildflower, May 16, 3:00am
I made Pam's sweet and sour sauce recipe last night and added it to pork mince and udon noodles, absolutely delicious!Just did some green veg on the side and it made the nicest meal.Thanks for the great recipe:)

madmum2, May 17, 7:54am
thanks everyone for the replies.you have been a great help.would love the recipe for the fish done this way.