Why did my biscuits go flat and.........

chynna2, May 10, 11:03am
cook quicker on the outside than the middle?

I made my first batch of Anzac biscuits today, and they are very flat.The outer edge cooked faster than the middle, so I had to leave them in a bit longer until the middle looked golden too!The mixture seemed very moist, and it was difficult to roll then into balls as the mixture wanted to separate.Does this mean there was too much butter? (I used a recipe I found in a magazine, not one off here.)

I would appreciate some help, as I enjoy giving my family a variety of baking but usually stick to muffins and cakes which come out perfect every time!

pam.delilah, May 10, 8:19pm
how old is the raising agent that is baking powder and or baking soda, you use.Also is it a wet mixture , it may be too wet and spreads too much

rainrain1, May 10, 8:26pm
I'd add a bit more flour, or try another recipe,

chicco2, May 10, 9:35pm
Could be too much butter and/or oven not hot enough? Dont give up. try again.

chynna2, May 11, 12:14am
Thanks for the tips everyone.Think I had too much butter and will make them again with less butter, and maybe some more flour (the baking soda is still within its best before date, think it is about 2-3 mnths old and in a screw top jar).

chynna2, May 11, 11:03am
cook quicker on the outside than the middle!

I made my first batch of Anzac biscuits today, and they are very flat.The outer edge cooked faster than the middle, so I had to leave them in a bit longer until the middle looked golden too!The mixture seemed very moist, and it was difficult to roll then into balls as the mixture wanted to separate.Does this mean there was too much butter! (I used a recipe I found in a magazine, not one off here.)

I would appreciate some help, as I enjoy giving my family a variety of baking but usually stick to muffins and cakes which come out perfect every time!

rainrain1, May 11, 8:26pm
I'd add a bit more flour, or try another recipe,

chicco2, May 11, 9:35pm
Could be too much butter and/or oven not hot enough! Dont give up. try again.