Recipe for chocolate chip biscuits

seanpenn, May 10, 10:21am
I tasted some a while ago and don't know where the recipe came from. They were really scrummy and light and the dough was formed into a log which could then be frozen. Anyone have a recipe for these???

kinna54, May 11, 5:25am
The recipe your talking about comes from an old food processor book, and is made with brown sugar, quite crystally to the taste.However this is still the best choc chip recipe around, and could be formed and frozen as well i guess, but it's so simple and yummy you'd want to just bake eat them all. These are very light in the centre. don't flatten too much is the secret.

Vanilla Biscuits

125g butter
125g sugar
Vanilla essence (few drops)
1 egg
225g flour
1tsp baking powder
50g sultanas ( replace with choc chips if desired)

Cream butter, sugar and vanilla essence together, add egg, then mix in dry ingredients.
Roll teaspoonfuls of mixture into balls.
Put onto greased trays and flatten with a fork .
{ I flatten biscuits using a rounded bottom glass, lightly dusted in flour. It makes the biscuits a more even shape: no cracked edges.}

Bake 15-20 mins at 190 deg C.

patsy3, May 11, 9:06am
Have recipes here, makes heaps to freeze!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Refrigerator Biscuits
6 c flour, 3 c Brown sugar, 2 well beaten egs, 2 tsp van ess, 4 tsp B/P, 3/4 tsp mixed spice, 1/2 tsp salt, 3/4 lb butter.
Sift dry, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and van. Add dry. Mix. Divide into 6 equal balls, for adding seperate flavours.
Options: Nuts, coconut, choc chips, sultanas etc.
Shape into logs, wrap in glad wrap. Chill or freeze.
once chilled or defrosted, slice (thin for crisp, thicker for chewy)
15 mins in mod oven.
MAKES 10 doz biscuits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

patsy3, May 11, 9:12am
Here is my all time fave.
Theresa's Choc chip bickies.
6oz flour, 1/2 c sugar, 1 egg, vanilla, 1/2 tsp salt, 4 level tbsp cornflour, 1&1/2 c flour, 1 tsp BP, 1 c choc chips, 1 pk butterscotch instand pudding.
Cream butter sugar. add egg and rest ingreds, stir in choc chips. Ball and flatten with fork.
Cook in slow oven 150 C, 20-25mins.
Note: mixture not too dry or wet. I have to add a couple TBS milk to thin, to make crispy biscuits. These are the BOMB, from a dear friend who was a master home baker.

julie_, May 11, 11:13am
Hi patsy, how much vanilla should we use?It just says 'vanilla' without a quantity.Thanks :)