Need a really good smoothie recipe

infamy1, May 10, 5:24am
Preferably one tasting like UpnGo. Can't get enough of it! Any help woul be appreciated.

antoniab, May 10, 9:55am
To get something to taste like upngo I would assume you would have to put a lot of sugar or sweetner in it?
For a smoothie I just use banana, natural yoghurt, milk and some honey to sweeten, you can add cinnamon for a bit of extra flavor or some LSA for extra goodies, berries of course are really good too :)

juliewn, May 10, 12:16pm
Some wheat-germ adds extra goodness too.. and if you use green, yellow or orange top milk, the smoothie will be extra thick.. just delicious..

maynard9, May 10, 10:11pm
I put a teasp of Spirulina Powder in mine too.

rkcroft, May 10, 11:54pm
One tasting just like UpnGo would be to use milk and a flavoured protein powder - banana, strawberry, vanilla etc.PVL Whey Gourmet have the best tasting protein powders I have ever tried.If you don't want to use protein powder, then a milkshake flavour would do. If you want a nice smoothie, I find milk, banana, ice and protein powder gives me the best flavour and thickness.

rarogal, May 11, 3:48am
Mango, banana, yoghurt and milk (both low fat) make a lovely smoothie!

wildflower, May 11, 3:51am
Banana, frozen mixed berries, milk and I add banana protein powder.

muppet65, May 11, 4:26am
I use a powder called sustugen (from the chemist) I only use the chocolate one, the vanilla is disgusting. Its a powder mixed with water and actually tastes yummy as well as being good for you.I make a cup of that up on its own or throw in blueberries or half a banana ...or half a weet bix ...much better for you than up and go

infamy1, May 11, 5:24am
Preferably one tasting like UpnGo. Can't get enough of it! Any help woul be appreciated.

antoniab, May 11, 9:55am
To get something to taste like upngo I would assume you would have to put a lot of sugar or sweetner in it!
For a smoothie I just use banana, natural yoghurt, milk and some honey to sweeten, you can add cinnamon for a bit of extra flavor or some LSA for extra goodies, berries of course are really good too :)

juliewn, May 11, 12:16pm
Some wheat-germ adds extra goodness too. and if you use green, yellow or orange top milk, the smoothie will be extra thick. just delicious.

rkcroft, May 11, 11:54pm
One tasting just like UpnGo would be to use milk and a flavoured protein powder - banana, strawberry, vanilla etc.PVL Whey Gourmet have the best tasting protein powders I have ever tried.If you don't want to use protein powder, then a milkshake flavour would do. If you want a nice smoothie, I find milk, banana, ice and protein powder gives me the best flavour and thickness.

muppet65, May 12, 4:26am
I use a powder called sustugen (from the chemist) I only use the chocolate one, the vanilla is disgusting. Its a powder mixed with water and actually tastes yummy as well as being good for you.I make a cup of that up on its own or throw in blueberries or half a banana .or half a weet bix .much better for you than up and go

infamy1, May 12, 1:46pm
I blended warm water soaked honey puffs with milk, honey, vanilla protein powder and milkshake flavouring- I think I am close to their strawberry flavour :). Still not the same taste that I love, but nearrrrrrrrrrly there.

infamy1, May 12, 1:47pm
Oh.. and cheers for your responses, smoothies are pretty key when you have a busy day and no time in the mornings.
Jd

infamy1, May 13, 1:47pm
Oh. and cheers for your responses, smoothies are pretty key when you have a busy day and no time in the mornings.
Jd

suda, May 15, 3:41am
low fat milk- banana-2 x feijoa pulp- 1 tsp honey. yum