Fejoa Muffin Recipe

davejulz, May 8, 7:22am
Does anyone have a recipe for fejoa muffins. Thanks.

davejulz, May 9, 9:04am
Thankyou 245sam.

maximus44, May 9, 9:11am
I made kiwifruit and feijoa muffins today - based on an Alison Holst recipe for Kiwifruit muffins - just added feijoas as well. They turned out beautifully.

nzl99, May 9, 8:09pm
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2059235320259.2128046.1225939081&l=1e3cbff776

These are the ones I made... made another batch and changed half the flour for wholemeal, used soft brown sugar instead of white... and threw in a handfull of sultanas.They were great!Plenty of fibre too. :P

cageyduchess, May 10, 12:55am
Where can I find the recipe for the above link? It doesn't seem to be on the facebook page.

alebix, May 10, 2:06am
Just use your favourite banana muffin recipe and substiture for feijoa.

boxsters3, May 10, 7:55am
FEIJOA AND CREAM CHEESE MUFFINS

1 cup chopped feijoa flesh (or up to 1 &1/3 cups)

3/4 cup caster sugar

75g butter, melted

2 eggs, lightly beaten

1/2 cup sour cream

finely grated zest and juice of 1 orange

2 cups self-raising flour, sifted

1/2 tsp cinnamon

125g cream cheese, coarsely chopped (or cut in 12 bits and follow option 2 which is what I do)

1/4 cup raw sugar

Heat the oven to 200°C. Grease a 12-hole standard muffin tin or line with paper cases. Combine the feijoas, sugar and butter in a bowl. Stir in the eggs, sour cream and orange zest and juice. Add the flour and cinnamon, stirring until just combined. Fold through the cream cheese (unless doing option 2). Spoon the mixture into the prepared tins and sprinkle with a little raw sugar. Bake for 15-20 minutes until firm and golden brown.

Or for option 2: Do not add cream cheese to mixture. Spoon half mixture into tins. Then put a piece of cream cheese in middle of each tin. Then top with rest of mixture,(Do everything else as per original instructions.)
Makes 12.