Whats your Favourite Meatloaf Recipes?

Page 1 / 2
djpablonz, May 7, 11:43am
I made a Venison Meatloaf tonight. So lovely.
I want to make others, but my family are stuck on this one.
Any ideas?

petal1955, May 7, 10:48pm
This one takes a lot of beating!!!!!

http://www.foodinaminute.co.nz/Recipes/Empire-Meatloaf

motorbo, May 7, 10:54pm
i dont have amounts sorry, but beef mince mix in finely chopped onion and pepper and a bit of garlic, grated carrot, add some worchestire and tomatoe sauce, pepper, 1 egg and 1/4 cup or so of breadcrumbs, mix and bake, 20mins from taking out of ove3n top with a mix of worchestire, tomatoe sauce and golden syryp.........yum

theanimal1, May 7, 11:46pm
Bacon Wrapped Pork Meatloaf

750g pork mince (I used slightly less mince, added grated carrot & courgette)
1 medium brown onion, grated
2 cloves garlic, crushed
200g button mushrooms, finely chopped (am the only mushroom fan here, so just used about a handful)
1T finely chopped thyme (I used about 1t dried)
1/2 c finely chopped flat-leaf parsley (I just chucked in a couple of spoons dried)
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 c soft fresh breadcrumbs
1 1/2 T hot chilli sauce (I used mild chilli - not hot food fans)
1 1/2 T dijon mustard
2/3c smoky BBQ sauce
8 thin bacon rashers, rind removed

Preheat oven to 200deg c/180deg fan forced. Line a baking tray with paper, then place a wire rack in tray.

Place mince, onion, garlic, mushroom, thyme, parsley, egg, breadcrumbs, chilli sauce, mustard and 1/2c of the BBQ sauce in a large bowl. Using hands (I used the mixer!), mix ingredients well.

Arrange bacon rashers on a copping board, overlapping slightly. Place mince mixture across centre of bacon rashers. Using wet hands, pat mince mixture into a loaf shape. Bring bacon slices over sides to meet. Turn meatloaf over and place on wire rack. Bake for 40 minutes.

Remove meatloaf from oven, brush with remaining BBQ sauce. Bake for 10 minutes more or until firm & cooked. Serve with salad.

cbksmum

rolled meat loaf

500g mince 1 egg 1 teaspoon soy sauce 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs OR 1/2 cup rolled oats 1/2 teaspoon mixed herbs 1 small onion finely chopped FILLING 2 boiled eggs 3/4 cup grated cheese TOPPING 1/2 cup tomato sauce 1/4 cup brown sugar 1 tablespoon vinegar 1. In a large bowl beat egg and add rest of ingredients. 2. Mix thoroughly, (your hand is a good tool here). 3. Spread out a sheet of greasproof paper about 30cm x 20cm and smooth out meat mixture to fit. 4. Cut eggs in quarters longways and put in a line across long side of meat nearest you, 5. Scatter cheese over. 6. Using paper to help you, roll up meat like a sponge roll, place on a baking dish with sides seam side down. 7. Mix topping ingredients and cover loaf. 8. Bake for about 1 hour at 180º.

hutchk, May 8, 12:26am
I made this one a few weeks back, it was very very tasty...

http://busycooks.about.com/od/groundbeefrecipes/r/cajunmeatloaf.htm

iriegirl, May 8, 1:05am
hutchk that's very similar to the recipe thats our fav, we use just plain sausagemeat in ours, yumm!

kdenz, May 8, 1:13am
Combine 500g minced beef, 500g sausage meat, 1 cup breadcrumbs, 2 finely chopped onions, 2 teaspoons curry powder, 1 tablespoon chopped parsley, 1 egg, 1/2 cup milk, 1/2 cup water and salt & pepper to taste. Mush together with hands and shape into a loaf. Bake in moderate oven (180) for 1/2 hour. Drain off any fat. Pour over BBQ sauce, cover and bake 45 minutes basting the loaf with the sauce 2-3 times. To make sauce combine 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup tomato sauce, 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce, 2 tablespoons malt vinegar, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1 teaspoon instant coffee powder, 30g butter & 2 tablespoons lemon juice - all in a pot and bring to boil stirring constantly.

bev00, May 7, 10:55am
some goodies here .

djpablonz, May 7, 11:43am
I made a Venison Meatloaf tonight. So lovely.
I want to make others, but my family are stuck on this one.
Any ideas!

sharrs, May 7, 12:08pm
Another vote for this one - I found it on a slip of paper inside my worn out old cookbook last week and promptly made it again.Some of my kids aren't big on the tomato topping though, so I left the top of the meatloaf plain and heated the remainder of the can for those who appreciate it to spoon on top once sliced . delicious!

falcon-hell, May 7, 9:53pm
i prefer meatloaf records to recipes.

petal1955, May 7, 10:48pm

motorbo, May 7, 10:54pm
i dont have amounts sorry, but beef mince mix in finely chopped onion and pepper and a bit of garlic, grated carrot, add some worchestire and tomatoe sauce, pepper, 1 egg and 1/4 cup or so of breadcrumbs, mix and bake, 20mins from taking out of ove3n top with a mix of worchestire, tomatoe sauce and golden syryp.yum

Barbeque Glaze Meatloaf

500g bacon slices trimmed, 1 onion chopped, 750g beef mince, 250g sausage meat, 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs, 1/2 cup chopped parsley, 2 teaspoons rosemary leaves, 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce, sea salt and cracked pepper add garlic if you like.
***BARBEQUE GLAZE***

1/3 cup tomato sauce 2 tablespoons brown sugar 2 tablespoons red wine vinega
r. Preheat oven to 180c. To make the barbeque glaze, place the sauce, sugar and vinegar in a small saucepan over low heat and stir until sugar dissolved. Brush the glaze over both sides of bacon, reserving any glaze. Line a 20x10x7cm greased loaf tin with the bacon slices. Place the onion, garlic, beef mince, sausage meat, breadcrumbs, parsley, rosemary, worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix well to combine. Press the mince mixture into the loaf tin, fold over the bacon to enclose the filling and cook for 35 mins or until cooked through. Carefully drain any excess liquid from the tin and turn the meatloaf out on to a baking tray. Brush the loaf with the remaining glaze and cook for a further 8-10mins or until the top is golden. Slice to serve. serves 8.

hutchk, May 8, 12:26am
I made this one a few weeks back, it was very very tasty.

http://busycooks.about.com/od/groundbeefrecipes/r/cajunmeatloaf.htm

grandma, May 8, 12:55am
Meat Loaf (Microwave)
500 gm mince meat
½ cup rolled oats
1 egg lightly beaten
2 Tbsp tomato sauce
1 small onion
salt/pepper
1 dsp worcester sauce
1 tsp beef Maggi stock

Combine all ingredients and place in loaf pan. (I use a ring pan.)

Optional Tomato Sauce

1 Tbsp tomato paste (I use tomato sauce and sometimes sweet chilli sauce)
1 dsp dark soy sauce
½ tsp curry powder
1 Tbsp honey

Combine all ingredients and pour on top of meat loaf before cooking.
Cover and cook 8 mins on High.(Mine takes more like 10 mins, but it is a slower oven.)

You can serve it hot, but nice cold too.

iriegirl, May 8, 1:05am
hutchk that's very similar to the recipe thats our fav, we use just plain sausagemeat in ours, yumm!

mwood, May 8, 3:04am
Bat Out If Hell is my favourite Meat Loaf

shop-a-holic, May 8, 4:31am
I'm a sucker for a sausage meatloaf; and I find the sausage meat tubes from the supermarket too high in salt, fat and lacks flavour.

Last week I grabbed a pkt of Hellers Pure Pork; Angus Beef and Tomato and Basil sausages.Slit the skins under cold running water and they peel off with ease.Added the usual seasonings, vegetables etc, smothered the top in HP sauce and baked.
Wow! Pretty cool having three flavours of meatloaf.

winnie231, May 8, 4:56am
I love fishers' meatloaf which is the first one on this link .
http://www.e-ware.co.nz/meatloaf.htm

fisher, May 8, 5:42am
Cheers Winnie. nice eh.good ole ma.:}
Shop a holic. I just slit open "London Pride" pork sausages.mix in for above recipe.

vampiriousmist, May 8, 6:00am
Thats a good idea shopaholic, for when I cant find the packet sausage meat :) I always put pineapple on the bottom - whenyou take itout, it is on the top :) and with the watties sauce too.

shop-a-holic, May 8, 1:00pm
Seriously. we all like a good sausage; but in my kitchen, it's best with skins off. tee hee

cookessentials, May 8, 6:34pm
I have not made mat loaf in ages, but I do a mixture of sausage meat and premium beef mince