Quick question...

tecoco, May 5, 11:22pm
Is there a difference between a crock pot and a slow cooker and can I use a crock pot recipe in a slow cooker?TIA

suzanna, May 6, 12:08am
Yes imo there absolutely is. I have both and am going to sell my relatively new slowcooker as it cooks much faster and comes to the boil much quicker than my old crockpot. I don't like them at all. But you can still use the same recipes just watch cooking times. I know that other people love slowcookers and use them alot.

petal-pickle, May 6, 12:21am
Ooooh I always thought they were different names for the same thing!!

sarahj1, May 6, 12:23am
It depends on the brand how hot or fast they cook, but basically they are the same thing - Crockpot was a brand name back in the 70s that has stuck in NZ (remember Ralta??!)- most other places they are called slow cookers

pickles7, May 6, 12:35am
I don't have any problems with my slow cooker. My Dad reckoned he needed to buy a six pack of Toilet paper, every time mum cooked in there crock pot.Maybe the slow cookers get up to a good heat....I usually like to see mine simmer before I turn it onto low. If I am going out, I leave it on Auto. I never had a crock pot for the above reason, so I cannot compare them, myself...

petal-pickle, May 6, 12:40am
Well, well, well...I just had to go and look at mine to see if it has a name on it!!The darned thing that I've always called a crockpot is in fact a slow cooker - the things you learn eh?!?!I just know everything that I make in it turns out fantastic!!Would be lost without it, bring on winter.

tecoco, May 6, 11:22pm
Is there a difference between a crock pot and a slow cooker and can I use a crock pot recipe in a slow cooker!TIA

suzanna, May 7, 12:08am
Yes imo there absolutely is. I have both and am going to sell my relatively new slowcooker as it cooks much faster and comes to the boil much quicker than my old crockpot. I don't like them at all. But you can still use the same recipes just watch cooking times. I know that other people love slowcookers and use them alot.

petal-pickle, May 7, 12:21am
Ooooh I always thought they were different names for the same thing!

sarahj1, May 7, 12:23am
It depends on the brand how hot or fast they cook, but basically they are the same thing - Crockpot was a brand name back in the 70s that has stuck in NZ (remember Ralta!!)- most other places they are called slow cookers

pickles7, May 7, 12:35am
I don't have any problems with my slow cooker. My Dad reckoned he needed to buy a six pack of Toilet paper, every time mum cooked in there crock pot.Maybe the slow cookers get up to a good heat.I usually like to see mine simmer before I turn it onto low. If I am going out, I leave it on Auto. I never had a crock pot for the above reason, so I cannot compare them, myself.

petal-pickle, May 7, 12:40am
Well, well, well.I just had to go and look at mine to see if it has a name on it!The darned thing that I've always called a crockpot is in fact a slow cooker - the things you learn eh!!!!I just know everything that I make in it turns out fantastic!Would be lost without it, bring on winter.