Garlic or pepper cheese ball

tarankyle, May 5, 8:00am
I am after a easy cheese roll to make with garlic, pepper corns or both. Thanks in advance :-)

moggie57, May 5, 8:16am
cheese ball or cheese roll???

petal-pickle, May 6, 12:35am
Here's a basic...

Excerpted from I Like You: Hospitality Under the Influence (Warner Books, 2006). Copyright 2006 by Amy Sedaris.

1 stick butter
1 8-ounce package cream cheese
1 1/2 cups grated Cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons grated onion
2 tablespoons coarsely ground pepper (to get really coarse pepper, I put peppercorns in a dish towel and bang it with a mallet on my floor)
Combine the butter and cream cheese. Add in the Cheddar and onion. Mix it really well. Form it into a ball and roll it in the pepper. Refrigerate. Serve at room temperature on a Ritz.

petal-pickle, May 6, 12:37am
And another with pineapple...

An appetizer pineapple cheese ball

2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
1/4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper, or mixture of green and red bell pepper
3 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
2 teaspoons seasoned salt, or to taste
2 cups chopped pecans, divided
Preparation:

Directions for pineapple cheese ball.
Combine cream cheese, drained crushed pineapple, chopped bell pepper, chopped green onion, seasoned salt, and 1 cup chopped pecans. Chill in refrigerator until firm then shape into a ball. Just before serving roll pineapple cheese ball in remaining cup of pecans. Serve pineapple cheese ball with assorted crackers. Pineapple cheese ball makes about 3 cups of cheese spread.

iriegirl, May 6, 3:24am
Red onion, garlic and black pepper log
1 250g carton cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup finely chopped red onions
3 cloves garlic, pan toasted, peeled and chopped
2 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
Mix cream cheese, onions, garlic and pepper until well blended, shape into a log and wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate until firm, roll in parsley or more coarsely ground black pepper until well coated and serve with your favourite crackers.

kinna54, May 6, 5:22am
Cheese ball:

250g cream cheese
1 cup grated cheese
2 TBSPS crushed pineapple
1 TBSP tomato sauce
1 TBSP chopped parsley

Mix together all ingredients, and refrigerate until firm.
To assemble, mould the mixture into a ball, coat with chopped nuts, or very finely crushed wine biscuits.
**For a more adult version replace the crushed pineapple with 2 TBSPS sherry, add chilli powder and black pepper to taste.**

tarankyle, May 10, 3:53am
Thanks for these, I will give a couple a go this weekend :-)