Recipe wanted for a fudgey chocolate biscuit

elleneva, May 5, 1:34am
I've just eaten a delicious homemade fudgy triple choc biscuit and I'd like to try and make something similar - it's not possible to get the original recipe...anyone have a recipe that sounds like this sort of biscuit?
Am not normally a fan of a softer fudgy biscuit - but this was yum!

wellyamerican, May 5, 9:21am
Fudgy Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 1/2 cups Semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cups Butter or margarine
1 Egg
1/2 cups Sugar
1/2 cups Brown sugar (packed)
1 tsp Vanilla
1 2/3 cup Flour
1/2 tsp Baking soda
1/2 tsp Baking powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 cup Milk
1 tsp Lemon juice
1/2 cup Chopped walnuts

In heavy saucepan, melt 1 cup of the chocolate chips with butter, stirring constantly. Beat egg with sugars and vanilla until creamy. Mix in the melted chocolate. Combine flour with baking soda, baking powder and salt. Combine milk with lemon juice and stir until thick. Add the dry ingredients into the chocolate mixture alternately with milk mixture. Stir in nuts and remaining chocolate chips. Chill dough for 1 hour. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 350 degrees F for 8 to 10 minutes. Cool on wire racks.

elleneva, May 5, 11:46pm
Thanks Wellyamerican - these sound EXACTLy what I was after!

wellyamerican, May 6, 8:43am
Your welcome, I have just made some this evening for my family....they are a family fav, and everyone waits round the oven till they are cooked...lol.
Let me know how they go.....I tend to cook them a little longer than the recipe calls for

nik12, May 7, 8:00am
Do you think it would matter if the lemon juice was left out?

amanda_simonp, May 7, 8:03am
what do you mean semi sweet chocolate chips?Do you buy them like this?

kjr64, May 8, 11:26am
I have never made them without the lemon juice, it does actually thicken the milk somewhat, but other than that I'm not sure

kjr64, May 8, 11:27am
I just use the cheapest chocolate chips that are available when I do my grocery shopping. I also throw in some white chocolate if I'm not using the walnuts.

wildflower, May 9, 4:16am
Hersey's used to do a semi sweet and they tasted great but don't know if you can still get them.They were in a brown bag.