Natural unsweetened yoghurt..recipe rec's pls!!

linster, May 4, 8:56am
i hate a huge tub and not sure what to do with it... it tastes pretty awful on its own! :P

kp11, May 4, 9:06am
Ohhh yum yum yum!
Spoon it over a mixture of fresh fruit (grapes help to sweeten it up).
Eat it it with currys
Add some grated cucumber & herbs & make a riata (sp).
You can also get yogurt topping from supermarket to add to it if you want.
Or can always mix in some runny honey to sweeten it.
Use it as a healthy dressing over leafy salads & especially cold pasta salads yum yum!
Possibilities are endless!

cookessentials, May 4, 9:07am
Here you go, this is my lemon yoghurt cake recipe. I have just copy and pasted it from our website...much quicker!

Lemon Yoghurt Cake
This recipe has been in the family for over 25 years it was given to my Mother a friend in Seattle hence the use of a "bundt" tin. Bundt tins are available for sale in our catalogue. The cake keeps extremely well and freezes beautifully. Just remember to grease tin well with butter and dust with flour,shaking off the excess before filling with mixture.
Ingredients:
1 & 3/4 cups caster sugar
rind 2-3 lemons
2 eggs
1 cup sunflower oil
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup plain unsweetened yoghurt (not low fat)
2-3 tsp lemon juice
2 cups self raising flour
Method:
Beat eggs,oil,sugar and peel together in a large bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients in the order above. Butter and flour a 24cm bundt tin . Bake at 180C for 45 minutes. Test with a cake tester. Let cake rest only 5 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack. Dust cold cake with sifted icing sugar.

linster, May 5, 8:56am
i hate a huge tub and not sure what to do with it. it tastes pretty awful on its own! :P

cookessentials, May 5, 9:07am
Here you go, this is my lemon yoghurt cake recipe. I have just copy and pasted it from our website.much quicker!

Lemon Yoghurt Cake
This recipe has been in the family for over 25 years it was given to my Mother a friend in Seattle hence the use of a "bundt" tin. Bundt tins are available for sale in our catalogue. The cake keeps extremely well and freezes beautifully. Just remember to grease tin well with butter and dust with flour,shaking off the excess before filling with mixture.
Ingredients:
1 & 3/4 cups caster sugar
rind 2-3 lemons
2 eggs
1 cup sunflower oil
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup plain unsweetened yoghurt (not low fat)
2-3 tsp lemon juice
2 cups self raising flour
Method:
Beat eggs,oil,sugar and peel together in a large bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients in the order above. Butter and flour a 24cm bundt tin . Bake at 180C for 45 minutes. Test with a cake tester. Let cake rest only 5 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack. Dust cold cake with sifted icing sugar.