Arrghh Pavlova

twigmans, Mar 14, 12:54am
how long and on what heat to cook them? ? ? Have cooked this one on 130 for 1 hour then turned off and left for morer than an hour - tis soft - not crunchie... . . help pls

melford, Mar 14, 1:14am
It should have been alright - depends on what recipe you used. This is my one for a crunchy pav.
4 egg whites
1 breakfast cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp vinegar
1 heaped tsp cornflour.

Beat egg whites until stiff. Gradually add sugar a tbsp at a time and beat well until it is shiny. Will take you about 10 minutes. Bake 120 C for 1 hour.

morrisk, Mar 14, 2:15am
what do you then do with the cornflour, vanilla and vinegar? ? ? throw them over your shoulder for luck? ? ? ?

melford, Mar 14, 4:20am
oops, sorry, add cornflour, vinegar and vanilla after you have beaten in the sugar.

vtired, Mar 14, 11:11pm
Same amount eggs and I add 3tblsp cold water and pinch salt then beat until stiff, add 1&1/4 cups sugar and beat until sugar dissolved, then I fold in 1tsp vanilla, 1tsp malt vinegar and 3 tsps cornflour and lightly beat in with mixer pile onto baking paper and bake 140 1&1/2 hrs, I open oven up at end after turning it off and leave pav in until it has cooled down, soft centre with crunchy outside.

kulkkulbelle, Mar 14, 11:15pm
I love a crunchy Pav myself - yummy

gordy8252, Mar 15, 7:10pm
I preheat the oven to 150 while beating everything and turn it down to 50 after putting pav in oven and cook it that way for one and half hours. I get a perfect pav everytime and people rave about them

snapit, Mar 15, 11:02pm
I am so pleased I saw this thread developing first on the Trademe Community Recipe Forum. do come and join us and have some fun with us. Stack of ---- loved the Trademe forum so much she has hijacked the lot but has not acknowledged where it came from naughty naughty.
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Community/MessageBoard/Threads. aspx
? topic=13

sissybel, Nov 4, 3:40pm
I know what you mean for years I have been making pavs and they have always worked really well until recentlythey have turned out like huge marsmallows, not crunchy on the outside at all. Help please andI have tried different receipes as well.