Muffin problem???

pollypanner, May 4, 7:45am
Why do my muffins always stick to the paper cases, regardless of what sort i make?

babytears, May 4, 7:46am
It'll definitely be the paper cases... they're probably crap?!?

millenium1, May 4, 7:46am
Use the individual silicone ones. I never have that trouble with them.

natashaw92, May 4, 8:10am
Sounds like you got a major problem there.
Try using mechanic grease.

lindylambchops1, May 4, 8:20am
Maybe you could try this basic recipe with the tip at the end
here you go I use this one all the time and its great, the best yet

2 cups of flour
4 teaspoons of baking powder
100g melted butter
1 egg lightly beaten
1 cup of milk

to make, sweet muffins 1 cup of sugar

to make, chocolate muffins chocolate chips, and 2 tablespoons coco powder

to make,savoury muffins 1 cup of grated cheese, 1 onion, NO sugar,chopped tomatos leave out the seeds as this makes the muffins soggie, chopped up bacon, few frozen mix veggies like peas beans corn small carrots, red/green peppers, just chose 3 of these, or as many as you like.. I only do a max of 3,

to make cheese muffins, add 3 cups of tasty cheese

the trick is to combine all the dry ingredience together, followed by doing the same with the wet, then stir together till just mix, put into oven 210-215 about 15 min, when you take them out, TURN UPSIDE DOWN on a colling rack, as the tops are heavy, and by turning them upside down they rise a bit more and hold their shape when cooled giving you a bigger muffin,
Hope this helps :-)

cinny19 (5 )1:08 pm, Wed 4 May #3

pickles7, May 4, 10:32am
Turn the heat up. I never use papers, never have them stick. I paint all my tins with tin glide. recipe is;
#20#
tin glide
melt 4ozs of fat add 1oz of vege oil, stir in 2 ozs flour. mix well. keep out of the fridge, in a cool place. You may need to melt and stir a bit to use.
You cannot use all oil, that will make it stick. you can use vege fat

kinna54, May 4, 11:27am
Spray your ordinary muffin pans thoroughly with non stick cooking spray. Worth the expense, a can lasts for ages. Used to bake muffins daily for up to 400 students (all made by hand too, not pre pack mix), never used papers and never had them stick if pans were well sprayed.

amazing_grace, May 4, 8:30pm
hmmm, I used to have this problem too, till I changed my recipe.I think not cooking them long enough, and too much fat to dry ingredients ratio is the problem.I dont think it is anything to do with the papers or the cups that you use.Personally I never grease either tins or papers, but changed to using a different method.

Rather than, mix wet ingredients together, mix dry ingredients together, add wet to dry.I now use the method in the Hummingbird recipe book, which is a rub butter or oil into the dry ingredients type.They never stick at all.

I know what you mean tho, it is frustrating if you have stuck muffins!

wheelz, May 4, 9:51pm
I spray my cases with spraying oil, quick and easy, and they never stick. A can lasts forever.

horizons_, May 4, 11:08pm
Stated on one of the masterchef shows recently, paper cases stick when the mix if not cooked enough.

pollypanner, May 5, 7:45am
Why do my muffins always stick to the paper cases, regardless of what sort i make!

babytears, May 5, 7:46am
It'll definitely be the paper cases. they're probably crap!!!

lindylambchops1, May 5, 8:20am
Maybe you could try this basic recipe with the tip at the end
here you go I use this one all the time and its great, the best yet

2 cups of flour
4 teaspoons of baking powder
100g melted butter
1 egg lightly beaten
1 cup of milk

to make, sweet muffins 1 cup of sugar

to make, chocolate muffins chocolate chips, and 2 tablespoons coco powder

to make,savoury muffins 1 cup of grated cheese, 1 onion, NO sugar,chopped tomatos leave out the seeds as this makes the muffins soggie, chopped up bacon, few frozen mix veggies like peas beans corn small carrots, red/green peppers, just chose 3 of these, or as many as you like. I only do a max of 3,

to make cheese muffins, add 3 cups of tasty cheese

the trick is to combine all the dry ingredience together, followed by doing the same with the wet, then stir together till just mix, put into oven 210-215 about 15 min, when you take them out, TURN UPSIDE DOWN on a colling rack, as the tops are heavy, and by turning them upside down they rise a bit more and hold their shape when cooled giving you a bigger muffin,
Hope this helps :-)

cinny19 (5 )1:08 pm, Wed 4 May #3