White Bread Recipe without milk powder?

scannell2, May 2, 10:40pm
hello does anyone have a recipe for white bread that does not require milk powder? i just got a breakmaker and havent got any milk powder at the moment and would like to make a white loaf. thanks in advance

kiwitrish, May 2, 10:46pm
I never use milk powder in my breadmaker and it tastes no different.

245sam, May 2, 10:49pm
scannell2, a suggestion.....
I personally haven't done this but I do recall reading another poster's advice re the same as you have asked......
Use the recipe you have and instead of the milk powder and a portion of the stated water quantity use ordinary milk.

Hope that helps.:-))

sykesie, May 2, 10:57pm
I'm like kiwitrish and just don't bother using it. The bread turns out just fine

pheebs1, May 2, 11:14pm
i dont use it either and as above sometimes i will substitute a little water for milk but not in the yeast mix

scannell2, May 2, 11:36pm
thanks people i will go ahead and either ditch the milk powder or substitute with ordinary milk. thanks

lilyfield, May 2, 11:39pm
No need to add extra calories with the milk or butter(fat)

scannell2, May 3, 10:40pm
hello does anyone have a recipe for white bread that does not require milk powder! i just got a breakmaker and havent got any milk powder at the moment and would like to make a white loaf. thanks in advance

245sam, May 3, 10:49pm
scannell2, a suggestion.
I personally haven't done this but I do recall reading another poster's advice re the same as you have asked.
Use the recipe you have and instead of the milk powder and a portion of the stated water quantity use ordinary milk.

Hope that helps.:-))

Edited to add this advice.
"yep, just replace some of the water with milk, so if it says 1 and 3/4 cups of water, use one of water and 3/4 cup of milk.
dezzie (21 )1:20 pm, Mon 21 Mar #2":-))

sykesie, May 3, 10:57pm
I'm like kiwitrish and just don't bother using it. The bread turns out just fine